• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why I Love this Board

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gang! šŸ™‚

Just recently I joined a board about unmentionables and asked about what was the best particular kind to buy in 2020. The responses were extremely rude and awful, using multiple swear words and belittling me that I should just ā€œread the -deleted- buyers guideā€.

Apparently, there was some sort of guide on the website (that I had no idea about since I was new) that was supposed to keep me from bothering anybody and to stifle any new conversation on the subject at hand.

I deleted my account there that same day.

That is why I love this board guys! That kind of disenfranchising behavior would never be tolerated here and everyone can have civil discussions in a safe and welcoming environment. Iā€™ve been on many forums in my day and this is the friendliest of them all. I want to deeply thank all members here and the Moderators for working hard to make it so!

The traditional Muzzleloading family might have their differences in opinion (half stocked Hawkens, flint or cap, etc.) but those discussions are all fun and in good spirit and everyone can learn so much from them. Iā€™m just glad we donā€™t have to deal with so much of the toxic garbage and ā€œbro cultureā€ that poisons so many gun forums and real life venues.

Thanks all and happy new year! šŸ˜€

:thumb:
The forum does a very good job of keeping it friendly.
You must have been on "S------ H---" - and I know several who have dropped off for that reason.
The "elite" attitude of the upper end "unmentionables" is sickening.
I used to shoot PRS until it reached the point where the snooty few were driving off anyone that did not measure up to the huge amounts of money that the few at the top could spend (with sponsors).
I dropped out of that - still like to shoot long range, but don't compete anymore.
When I first joined this board - there were a few like that here. Anyone that did not own a PERFECT repro or an ORIGINAL was belittled by the few. Thankfully we have great moderators who finally convinced those few to cool it or not participate.
The rest of the members are very thankful for our moderators - the best in the business as far as I am concerned.

And a very HAPPY NEW YEAR - to you and yourn as well....

I agree 100%. There are two other Traditional muzzleloading sites I am a member of that are welcoming...one very active and the other barely, so good sites do exist for traditional enthusiasts. I am also a member of one traditional archery and one RV forum that are very much like this one in that they are welcoming and very active with lots of great tips from knowledgeable members.

I think the first forum I ever joined was the Campfire (Muzzleloader Magazineā€™s forum). It was very friendly and welcoming. I do still miss it, but it seems to have died off a few years ago as some key members went under. This forum is very close to the same atmosphere, and is most appreciated for sure. The moderators here do a wonderful job overall. I am still a member of a few others, but this is my go to site for exactly the reasons in the OP.
Walk

Just recently I joined a board about unmentionables and asked about what was the best particular kind to buy in 2020. The responses were extremely rude and awful, using multiple swear words and belittling me that I should just ā€œread the -deleted- buyers guideā€.

Beware, the dark side young Plainsman.

One great aspect of this Forum is that the owner of the Muzzleloading Forum also owns a Modern Muzzleloading Forum and we can kindly direct someone who posts about a modern muzzleloader to that forum. We don't have to be so elitist and keep the invitation open to see what shooting traditional muzzleloaders is about.

One great aspect of this Forum is that the owner of the Muzzleloading Forum also owns a Modern Muzzleloading Forum and we can kindly direct someone who posts about a modern muzzleloader to that forum. We don't have to be so elitist and keep the invitation open to see what shooting traditional muzzleloaders is about.

Direct them to something they couldn't find in the first place and then hope they see the light ?
You can lead a horse to water too, but you can't make it drink.

Only one person benefits from the chaos.

The two are like oil and water.

If Once You Start Down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny.
you-dont-know-the-power-of-the-dark-side-cat.jpg

I do belong to a few muzzleloading forums but have left some due what's described above. I have three main ones and this is definitely one of the three.

This forum is a great resource and most people are very kind and respectful. I never feel stupid asking a question, and always get some great advice.

When I first introduced myself here I was warmly welcomed and was invited out to the local ML club here in St. Louis. My only experience was with a couple BP revolvers I had.

Now a few months later I'm a member of the ML club and have a couple entry level rifles, one of which I bought off this forum. I've met some great guys here and at the club and continue to learn every day. Thanks guys! -Justin

I belonged to another gun forum when I was in NV. I dropped it before I moved and was glad to drop it and going to drop when I moved anyway but it got to where there was very little actual gun talk. Everything turned to politics and conspiracy theories. Allot of arguing too that would get way out of hand before anyone of the mods would get in and put a end to it. Mostly a very good group of people here.

If Once You Start Down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny.
WHAT you say? I'm still the worthless no good lying dude I was before I started shooting these compromised, inefficient, anachronistic relics of a dubious and bygone past, obviously placed on the earth to lead men astray,LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back