• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

White Mountain Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slamfire

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Took the new to me Carbine to the shootin' hollar today, and tried it out. Forgot the danged ballets so tried it with 490 roundballs, both Hornady and Speer. Started out with a .015 pillow tickin' patch lubed with one of the bore butters. I almost didn't get it seated, but some pounding on the range rod got it down, I hope. :(
Good solid ignition and hit the point of aim at 12.5 yards. :thumbsup: Tried another with .010 patch same lube. Went down fairly easy, and landed a bit to the left touchin' the first.
Moved back to 50 yards and fired two 3 shot groups, from the bench with 50 grains of FFg, one group with each ball. I couldn't tell the difference between the Speer and Hornady groups, both about 3". :winking: Had to wipe after each shot though, as the second load was harder to seat than the first. :(
T/C's No. 13 Cleaner seemed to work a bit better'n the Hoppe's 9+.
One more group at 50 yards, 60 grains FFg, 010" patch, with the elbows only touchin' method Musketman liked so much.
First ball with a 6 o'clock hold right in the middle of a 5.5" shoot'n see bull. Second a bit to the left but still touchin', third 1.5" left .5" low. :applause:
I believe I can pull the Bobcat's barrel and adapt it to the underhammer, as I'm not afraid Soggy'll outshoot this rifle. :blah:
Gotta try them Buffalo Ballets soon, but I'll probably go to FFFg. :hmm:

Latest posts

Back