• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whispering Pines '07

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are some pics from my first Rondy ever - in Cherry Flats, PA. Everyone was exceptionally friendly, and at the end of the day I found myself treated to a venison steak dinner! Had a great time, and wished I could have stayed for more than one day.

I was worried, being my first time, that someone would pick apart my outfit, which I've posted earlier on this forum, but all I got were compliments on it. :) Of course, this was a pretty informal affair, and about 1/3 of the people didn't even dress, as you can see from the photos, so Ididn't need to worry. There were some very good shooters there; I didn't even turn in my targets, but now that I know the types of targets, I'll be better prepared for next time.

P1011892.jpg

P1011976.jpg

P1011977.jpg

P1011978.jpg

P1011979.jpg

P1011980.jpg

P1011981.jpg

P1011982.jpg

P1011984.jpg

P1011985.jpg

P1011986.jpg

P1011987.jpg

P1011988.jpg

P1011989.jpg

P1011990.jpg

P1011992.jpg

P1011991.jpg

P1011993.jpg

Many thanks to Shep and "the Old Man" for the friendship and hospitality, and to Nessmuk for sending me information on the shoot.

Great pics, glad you enjoyed yourself on first rondy outing, initial positive experiences are the best.

Glad you had a good time at your first rendevous! :surrender: It's all over now. :rotf:

Great pics!

...Is that a Fish Hook in your cheek???? IT IS! and its gotta barb on it!
Dang, that aint gunna come out easy!

from the look on your face and those pics...YOU ARE HOOKED!

:thumbsup: That may have been your first rondezvous.............but I'll wager it won't be your last. :wink: Thanks for sharing
Soggy

Hello from GE.

Very nice pics. I'm happy that you enjoyed it. Fulda was my first meeting. See many nice pics here in the topic: "The 14th Albany County Militia in Fulda".

Regards

Kirrmeister

Thanks for the photo's, I enjoyed them and your outfit looks great. :hatsoff:

TheGunCellar

:redface:

I agree the outfit looks great - but that's not me! That's Shep, who took me under his wing and made sure I had a great time. Here's me:

ShootingMatchJuly07.jpg

ShootingMatchJuly0713.jpg

My outfit certainly doesn't look like I've been doing this for years! It's too clean, although after Whispering Pines it does have a whiff of campfire smoke and venison. :grin:

colmoultrie said:
:redface:

I agree the outfit looks great - but that's not me! That's Shep, who took me under his wing and made sure I had a great time. Here's me:

ShootingMatchJuly07.jpg

ShootingMatchJuly0713.jpg

My outfit certainly doesn't look like I've been doing this for years! It's too clean, although after Whispering Pines it does have a whiff of campfire smoke and venison. :grin:

Just shows ya have a great gal that keeps ya nice and sharp. :thumbsup:
Cool pics, thanks for sharing

:thumbsup: I'm glad you had a good time. The OldMan did a bunch of work getting me started. Just returning the favor in a small way. Always glad to help out a new feller!

Shep

Many thanks! Glad to see you here on this forum. Hope I can make it out to Danville in the future. You certainly made my first rondevous memorable and a heck of a lot of fun.

Back