• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WHICH CAP AND BALL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh. the first pistol post!
I like the Colts as far as the way it looks with out the top strap. :imo:
Lehigh..

Ghost,
Get yourself an Adams! I have one recently bought ::. Never really liked the american revolvers :sorry:. Higher quality in the english onces. :imo:
ARILAR :: :thumbsup:

ahs anyone bought or built a track pistol kit was wondering how they all went together, I've seen good bad and the ugly out there, just checking for ya'lls opinion.
bb75

Ghost: Always a good question. I think the Colts were among the most elegant tools ever designed, but for making small groups, I have had best luck with the Remington designs.
Arilar: Tell us more about your Adams. These have always been intriguing to me, but can scarcely be had in the U.S.

Get the remmy 1858 caseharden frame from cabales $199.00 and it has gun fighter checkered grip, its very nice looking to say the list. I have a R$D 45lc cyclinder in it and it is accurate like you wouldn't beleave.

I have one of each and although the Colt is much prettier, the Remington does have the top strap and will take a heavier charge. I'm just a sucker for an octagon barrel. :m2c:

Any gun which uses a filing on the hammer as the rear sight is bound to be a poor shooter. The lack of a top strap seals the deal for me. Given that choice, I got the Remington.

However, the Lemat is my real favorite. The assault pistol of its day. If it was good enough for Jeb Stuart...

CS

Pistol Monogamy. I had the same problem.

I bought a Remington from Cabelas.

Love it.

Just bought a Colt from Uberti.

Expect to love that, too.

Good thing about C&B shooting is you can afford to be a bigamist.

And when you shoot it, it make a bigamist.......(sorry, but I had to) ::

-- Valley Forge

Latest posts

Back