• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wheellock Project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I did reply it did'nt go I went into boiling ,heating white horn, & stag .Urged Pukka lease out the farming and focus on his tallent's .' Tempus Fugit' and you have the W' shop .
Regards Rudyard

Hank,
I have never gone into how strips of bone were aooarently "bent" into curves like wire can be.
Maybe soaking in vinegar.....
At an opportune time, I would appreciate a brief explanation of such work!
On my own work, l have used inlays of orgnic and geometric form, but kept to wire for tightly curled inlays.

Thank you my friend,
Richard.
Greetings Richard,
Can you start a PM with me. I don't know how that all works. I think that's doable but not sure. I tried an old email from class but not sure if it's still good. Sincerely, Hank

Your work and engineering is truly outstanding. You are definitely in a class by yourself.......
Greetings Wulf,
Thank you for your kind thoughts. It's my hope that others will see it's doable and will attempt their build. For me it's a springboard to so many things to learn. Thanks much, Hank

I would like to show you that I know what I am talking about when i give you the well deserved compliments. I appreciate the shop that
you have and even if I had such a work area, I still couldn't do the kind of art you can produce... So here is a picture of my best attempt.
50 cal. rifled......and 61 smooth. I do realize I have a lot to learn.....but I don't feel I have enough time left. Ha Ha.

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_0003.jpg
    IMG_20231010_0003.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0862 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0862 - Copy.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
I would like to show you that I know what I am talking about when i give you the well deserved compliments. I appreciate the shop that
you have and even if I had such a work area, I still couldn't do the kind of art you can produce... So here is a picture of my best attempt.
50 cal. rifled......and 61 smooth. I do realize I have a lot to learn.....but I don't feel I have enough time left. Ha Ha.
Greetings Wulf,
So glad you posted your work. It looks like you did a great job on them. I think we're in a very small group of builders. Did a couple of Rendezvous in Arizona with my Uncle, with the Powder Clan and Mazatzal Mountainmen. That's been along time ago. I hope you've had a lot of fun with them. Later, Hank

Will do, Hank and thank you for the offer!
I have not checked emails, as I am up to my neck in spring work and not as fast as I was!

Will be in touch soon though and thank you again,
Richard.
Greetings Richard,
Not sure if you tried to PM me yesterday evening but I lost a message of some sort by someone and thought it might have been you. Sorry. If you could try again that would be great, at your leasure is good. Sincerely, Hank

Latest posts

Back