• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Whats out there 58 cal. Flint or pec.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anaconda44

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking to see what maybe out there in a 58 cal flint or per. Hawken or simular rifles
Thanks

It's not a hawken or such but I've seen some nice zouaves on gunbroker. I picked one up unfired for 371 shipped. So far a PRB on 65gns at 25 yards puts holes touching. Just sayin.

Don’t have one for sale or trade, but if you can pick up TC Hawken (1” barrel) or Renegade at a good price, you are $150 for a rebore away from what you seek. I had Bobby Hoyt do two for me, one each in flint and percussion. Started with flint, replacing the percussion breech plug on the donor barrel. After seeing condition of the nipple threads on the second one, also replaced the breech plug on it. Mr Hoyt will fit the breech plug for you.

Factory 58s are out there, they just don’t come up for sale very often.

I have an Investarms .58 sitting in one of my safes. It shows some signs of use from over the years, but is not in bad condition and shoots just fine. I was contemplating shooting deer with it again this year, but have a lot of other options. If you are interested in it, PM me and I can send you some pics of it. With shipping costs involved, I would probably part with it for a total of 375.00.
I also have a TC Renegade that has a .58 caliber smoothbore barrel on it. I had Mr. Hoyt open up a .56 smoothbore barrel on it, and haven't really shot it much since. It also shows normal wear, and would part with it for 350.00 delivered.
These are both percussion....

I have a TC Hawken with 56 cal smooth bore barrel, 50 cal rifled barrel and a green mountain 32 cal barrel. If interested shoot me a PM

Attachments

• D229F55B-3175-4E3C-8317-C77459C9B462.jpeg
    D229F55B-3175-4E3C-8317-C77459C9B462.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 75
The .58 smoothbore I mentioned available above has been sold, but the Investarms is still available.

Honestly the fun way to do a .58 is to get a 2-bander rifled-Musket like a Zouave. You can find them all day on GunBroker for $300-400.

I haven't been to a gun show yet where I haven't seen an old 1970s era Zouave repro.

A Zouave with an adjustable sight would be nice. I have owned half a dozen of them over the years, and never had one that would shoot where you wanted it. I still have one and several extra barrels....that shoot wherever.

I have a .58 english flint sporting rifle built by John Donelson.It has a 31" Getz swamped barrel with a 1 in 96 twist. It is in excellent condition. If you contact me I can send you some pictures.Don't know how to post them on this sight.

I have a CVA Mtn Rifle (Hawken Style) 58 1-66 twist I believe. Set triggers $350 pics on request

anaconda,
Got Hoyt .58 round bottom round ball rifling 60" twist rebores for TC percussion Hawken and flinter Renegade... and wouldn't take for either one.

Latest posts

Back