• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what nipples for Jukar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of old Jukar .45's the other day and I was hopeing someone here could tell me what nipples they take?

This is not one of the actual pistols but they are the same as this one:
ALAMO110Y%20001.jpg

Metric 6x1mm is the nipple you`ll need. The gun in your pic looks like an old CVA Colonial Pistol. I`ve got one that is also marked Jukar.

They`re the same nipple as all the CVA and Traditions guns.

I also have the CVA(Jukar) Colonial pistol. After I filed the rear sight down to almost nothing it stays on target nicely. Mine likes a .440 ball on top of a .015 patch and 20 grains of 3f 777.

Don

I haven't worked up a load for them yet but I did do some shooting with them. I am ussing a .433 roundball that I wraped in a sliver of wet newsprint. I let the rounds dry over night. I lubed them up and shot them with 15-30 grains of 3F. No need for a patch as the newsprint works as a patch/sabot. At about 15 yards(ish) I was able to hit paper with each shot regardless of powder charge used and the fact they were papered instead of patched. Shooting off hand, I don't have a bench rest. (when I do work loads up it will be from a semi rest at about 30 yards, but I am going to wait until I get some .440 or .445 rounds)

Never heard of wet news-print in place of a patch. Might have to try that sometime.

Don

Latest posts

Back