• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what my wife got me for Christmas...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePrice2

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Something you really don't expect for Christmas and especially from your marriage partner. Mine's pretty special.

I'll let the pics do the talking.

newspontoon2.jpg

Here it is next to the ones JamesG forged for me.
newspontoon3.jpg

newspontoon1.jpg

And a couple of more shots for scale to my hand.

hawkscale.jpg

hawkscale2.jpg

Hope everyone's Christmas is restful,relaxing and memorable!

Steve

They all look nice.

I don't know much about tomahawks. :idunno: I ordered the Cabelas throwing hawks a few years back when my son was in Boy Scouts and we had a fellow bring hawks for activities. Are yours actual designs used back in the day or are they just for decorative purposes?

Thanks for your information.
Outdoorman

The designs of the two are mine patterned after originals and forged this year by a smith in TX-James Gray. The new one is patterned also after originals. You could do a Yahoo or google search and fin out more. This style of hawk called a spontoon was in vogue with different tribes and individuals just as the Missouri war axe ( the big flat triangular style ) was with others. Chief Red Cloud had a spontoon style hawk which is pictured here.
redcloudhawk.jpg

I just happen to like this style and my wife ( definitely a keeper) is VERY supportive of my interests and got me this for a present.

Steve

That is one very special hawk! :hatsoff: Your better half has what it takes. :bow:
Congrats all around.
Dusty :wink:

That's interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll be getting more information on tomahawks. In the meantime, enjoy yours.

Outdoorman

Back