• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What I've been doing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trkdriver99

40 Cal.
Reaction score
DSC02357.jpg

This is some of what I have done since I have been off for Christmas 3 weeks. The strap is one I did on my inkle, the bag is commercial tan, lines with pillow ticking and the flap is lined with pigskin. The little knife on the right is for a friend up in the NE and is 3 1/4" blade made from stainless with antler handle, poured pewter boolster and leather sheath. The large knife is a damascus blade I got at Smokey Mtn Knife Works and added moose slabs with steel pins. I have not made a sheath for it yet. I also made a wool watch cape, a weskit from scratch with no pattern, a bunch of wool bags, and 4 wool gun cases. O yes also a ball block out of moose.
I been a busy little beaver.
Ronnie

Really nice accessories! I've got to be brave and make the plunge into making some items myself. I guess I should start with something easy, like a ball-block?

Did you do that strap????

Closest I have seen to the originals. :thumbsup:

Impressive! Looks like you WORKED during your vacation but I bet it came as a nice break from the normal routine.

I made the strap. It is hemp and wool made on an inkle(I know not period)loom. Weaving is one of the things I do when sitting around in my truck in the evening when waiting for loading and unloading.
Ronnie

Well I know there is a lot of fuss over inkle looms, but they are just a type of loom, and loom weaving is 100% PC. :grin:

So really you can't tell what kind of loom something was made on. You can only say it is a simple weave. Nothing wrong with that.

Straps like this
http://www.cottoneauctions.com/old/images/TomWnuck/belts-pouches/pouch-access.jpg
pouch-access.jpg

Are very PC and very American. They are linen, though.

This pouch BTW is shown in Neumann and Kravic's Collector's Encyclopedia of the American Revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made it myself. I looked at a couple and some on line and thought I can make one. So about 4 or 5 later I have 2 unusable ones, not heavy enought and 2 that I use at home or in my truck functional but not pretty and 1 real nice one I carry to places to use in public.
Ronnie
ps If you want I can measure it and post a drawing or something.

Pichou said:
Well I know there is a lot of fuss over inkle looms, but they are just a type of loom, and loom weaving is 100% PC. :grin:

So really you can't tell what kind of loom something was made on. You can only say it is a simple weave. Nothing wrong with that.

Straps like this
http://www.cottoneauctions.com/old/images/TomWnuck/belts-pouches/pouch-access.jpg
pouch-access.jpg

Are very PC and very American. They are linen, though.

This pouch BTW is shown in Neumann and Kravic's Collector's Encyclopedia of the American Revolution.

Links not working. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know. :cursing:

It is a really old site that has been down, and I was lucky enough to get in the other day, now its gone again.

Should have downloaded all the pics. :(

Back