• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Is This Monster?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have never seen a flinter handgun this huge! Please help to identify?? What powder charge? What size ball? The barrel is heavy!

Picture001.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture007.jpg

My gosh, this forum gives me a chance to re-visit so many guns that I had in my youth. And yes, I owned one of those monsters. It was imported by Hy Hunter and made in Germany. It was the spitting image of yours. 79 caliber smooth bored, with the end of the barrel funnelled slightly to an even larger diameter - maybe to aid in loading? All I had to shoot in it was a ridiculously patched .715 round ball. Or, for that matter, anything that I could fit down the bore. I used 3f powder for both the prime and the main charge - about 40 grains or so.

They are a well-made pistol; however the ramrod was really undersized in my opinion.

I bought mine in the mid 1960s and paid about $20.00 for it. And, when compared to those made-in-Japan flinter pistols available at the same time (they still show up now and then) it was a fine pistol, well-made and sturdy and pretty nicely finished inside and out. And, like so many others, I wish that I would have been able to have kept it.

Thanks for posting it. It's a beauty.

nice find! I have one just about the same...
load it with one & one half ounce of #6 shot and it is just like a shotgun at 10 to 15 yds.
or try buckshot.....oh yea baby!!!!

Back