• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well it Thundered here a lil while ago.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out and sat for the last hour. At 4:45 Ole Broken horn came trottin by hot on the heals of a Doe, she brought him to about 30 yards from me. Slight quartering away, my Roy Stroh Smoothie went right off and knocked him arse over head. :grin:

The Rat and I just drug him up to the barn and I'm waitin on help to arrive for pic's and hangin him up. Man I'm one happy man right now getting a harvest with this Smoothie! Thank you Roy! :thumbsup:

Making meat the REAL old fashioned way, with a smoothie - way to go mate!!! Picutres, we need pictures!

Here he is, weighed 160lb hog dressed. Load was 82 gr FF Swiss, bear greased fiber wad, .015 bear greased patch and a .715 ball. :grin:

2007buckd.jpg

2007bucka.jpg

2007buckb.jpg

2007buckc.jpg

way to go swampy he is a nice one , looks like the (roy-toy) :wink: did a real number on him congrats :bow: :bow:

I do believe that is the very first whitetail taken with one of my guns :thumbsup: and a doozy too :grin: The other people that have bought my guns are mostly target shooters and re-enactors... I have only managed small game with mine... and the few deer with one Dad built.

Congrats!

I'm on cloud nine man, enjoying a beer. :grin:

We still have one missing and until he checks in, I can't take the honor of harvesting the first deer with a Roy Stroh gun. :haha:

Congrats on the nice buck Swampy! I bet you will be the first to take a deer with Roy's gun. I have a feelin RC is too busy with bigfoot to be hunting. :wink:

:haha: In my excitement I made a mistake in my first post. He was slightly quartering to me, my right, not quartering away. He was actually looking in my direction and I think he reacted to the flash in the pan. Maybe why I hit him higher than I wanted to. :hmm: Ah well don't really matter now does it. :grin:

Back