• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well, I’m a Maynard Owner Now!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys :)

I’ve wanted a Civil War Maynard carbine for many many years now. Well, the right one seems to have crossed my path:

00FB6862-8745-41B8-8940-92DF61EABA83.png

251C4CEA-5F69-4647-98BC-8DCE3EF7EDB3.png

9083B44E-1E47-4E9E-AB41-DCEA96EA77F7.png

6F8645D1-CBED-4DBB-B298-72822F5D4C11.png

This little cutie pie was for sale at Lodgewood Mfg. I’ve dealt with Dave Stavlo there for many years. He’s an excellent gunsmith and gentleman and sure knows his stuff about Civil War firearms.

Described as having a mint bore and overall excellent condition, good lockup and perfect mechanics. The price was more than fair and I couldn’t let this one go!

But as fate would have it I’m heading to a military deployment tomorrow so I’ll have to wait 6 months to actually handle and shoot this beauty.

But, it gives me something to look forward to! God bless and take care everybody!!

-Smokey

PS: Any tips and tricks about Maynards and making ammunition for them appreciated. Thanks!

Stay safe. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRAFICE OF TIME and may that be the only sacrifice required. See Miss Cynthia on tips. She was selling one for a family member and ended up getting gifted it and she found some shell casings. By the time yer back she will likely have bagged a Mnt lion or two in her back yard!

I’ve wanted a Civil War Maynard carbine for many many years now. Well, the right one seems to have crossed my path:

View attachment 312728
View attachment 312729
View attachment 312730
View attachment 312731

This little cutie pie was for sale at Lodgewood Mfg. I’ve dealt with Dave Stavlo there for many years. He’s an excellent gunsmith and gentleman and sure knows his stuff about Civil War firearms.

Described as having a mint bore and overall excellent condition, good lockup and perfect mechanics. The price was more than fair and I couldn’t let this one go!

But as fate would have it I’m heading to a military deployment tomorrow so I’ll have to wait 6 months to actually handle and shoot this beauty.

But, it gives me something to look forward to! God bless and take care everybody!!

-Smokey

PS: Any tips and tricks about Maynards and making ammunition for them appreciated. Thanks!
Wow, that is beautiful! Is it an original or a modern replica? Do I remember correctly they use thier own dedicated reusable cartridges?

View attachment 312728
View attachment 312729
View attachment 312730
View attachment 312731

-Smokey

Looks real nice Smokey, stay safe down range… Semper Fi.

View attachment 312728
View attachment 312729
View attachment 312730
View attachment 312731

-Smokey

God Bless and good luck.

View attachment 312728
View attachment 312729
View attachment 312730
View attachment 312731

-Smokey

God’s speed and good luck!

Back