• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Warren Offenberger??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fw707

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Is anybody familiar with Mr. Offenberger?
I saw one of his guns last week and it was a fine piece of work. :wink:

Sure wish I'd done better on the pictures. :redface:

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

An excellent piece of work. A bit gaudy to my personal taste, but beautifully done.

Am I right in assuming its a copy or at least an interpretation of the style of an original gun? If so, what sort of person would originally have owned a gun as pretty as this one. Its hard, for example, to imagine that your average frontiersman would have owned such a fine gun?

Cheers

Robbo

I met him at a gun show in Ohio a couple of years ago and have seen some of his work. As nice as the piece in your pictures is, it's nothing compared to some of his other work. Absolutely beautiful! The wood to metal fit was perfect and the engraving was exquisite. I think that's the word. One guy I talked to who had one of his guns said that he had waited 10 years for his and though he wouldn't tell me what he paid for it, it was let out that it was well into the 5 figure amount. He looked at me like I was a nut when I said that if it was mine, I'd have to shoot it regardless of how much it cost.

I don't know too much about him or how many rifles he's built, but the ones I've seen are top notch, at least as far as craftsmanship goes. Now how they shoot is anyone's guess.

Mike, Mr. Offenberger is from the Marietta, Ohio area. The gun in the pictures is hanging in a leather shop in downtown Marietta. It belongs to the owner of the shop, and was finished about 3 years ago.
Mr. Offenberger is getting up in years but is still building guns as far as I know.

Heh, just saw this post, bringing it back from the depths!

I met Mr. Offenberger at a Ohio Longrifle Collectors Assc. meeting in October.

He is alive, still building guns, and very fine guns at that! I'm not one for all the inlays and such, but they are beautiful.

He was very friendly and I talked to him for about an hour. I asked all sorts of questions, and he answered them all without hesitation.

Latest posts

Back