• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wanted 1855 roots rifle by palmetto reproduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hoping to find someone that has a palmetto reproduction 1855 Colt Roots rifle for sale. I lost mine back in my divorce back in 2000. I have cash or maybe something you might want to trade for please let me know it would mean a world to me. Thank you, Kenny

Hi Kenny,

I have a Palmetto root rifle that I am considering selling. I bought it used in 2013 after looking for years. As far as I know it has never been fired. It’s in damn near perfect condition inside a lined display box with accessories . It has a replica of the long Malcolm scope attached. I replaced the original nipples ( still have them ) with upgrades intending to load and fire it but never could bring myself to do it as it looks so nice on display.

These have basically completely disappeared off the market. I have never seen another one since I bought mine, thus my quandry on whether to sell it or not. I doubt I would ever be able to replace it.

I don’t know what you’re looking to spend but I got mine at an auction by outbidding the competition at $3800 off the floor. That was 10 years ago and these certainly have accrued in value since then. Also we’ve had a period of major devaluation of the dollar. So my asking price would be $4750.

I don’t think if listed that it would last long as there are many people seeking these and they just don’t come up. Originals in similar condition are soaring in value also.

If you have the cash and are genuinely seriously interested you can contact me for pictures, video etc. But please don’t waste my time as I am very busy on restoring my classic airplane.

If it helps I am in no rush to sell and would be open to a short period of a reasonable payment plan. Or you can just ask me to advise you in the future if I decide to list it openly here or on Gunbroker.

I understand your desire to own one and the frustration of finding one. It took me years of monitoring auctions to get the one I have.

I‘m a big black power guy and folks have been trying to get Uberti and others to consider manufacturing reproductions, unfortunately or fortunately depending on which side of the fence your on this doesn’t seem to be in the cards. These Palmettos are it and evidently people are hoarding the few that were produced.

I am a supporting member and have sold a LeMatt revolver through the site. I’m sure the buyer would verify my integrity.

I wish you well in your search.
Jeff

The last one I saw sell on the N-SSA site was only $3000 last year. They are neat, but a novelty. Just like the original Colts, nobody wants to put their hands on the forearm because of the chance of a chain fire of all the cylinders.

Hi Kenny,

I have a Palmetto root rifle that I am considering selling. I bought it used in 2013 after looking for years. As far as I know it has never been fired. It’s in damn near perfect condition inside a lined display box with accessories . It has a replica of the long Malcolm scope attached. I replaced the original nipples ( still have them ) with upgrades intending to load and fire it but never could bring myself to do it as it looks so nice on display.

These have basically completely disappeared off the market. I have never seen another one since I bought mine, thus my quandry on whether to sell it or not. I doubt I would ever be able to replace it.

I don’t know what you’re looking to spend but I got mine at an auction by outbidding the competition at $3800 off the floor. That was 10 years ago and these certainly have accrued in value since then. Also we’ve had a period of major devaluation of the dollar. So my asking price would be $4750.

I don’t think if listed that it would last long as there are many people seeking these and they just don’t come up. Originals in similar condition are soaring in value also.

If you have the cash and are genuinely seriously interested you can contact me for pictures, video etc. But please don’t waste my time as I am very busy on restoring my classic airplane.

If it helps I am in no rush to sell and would be open to a short period of a reasonable payment plan. Or you can just ask me to advise you in the future if I decide to list it openly here or on Gunbroker.

I understand your desire to own one and the frustration of finding one. It took me years of monitoring auctions to get the one I have.

I‘m a big black power guy and folks have been trying to get Uberti and others to consider manufacturing reproductions, unfortunately or fortunately depending on which side of the fence your on this doesn’t seem to be in the cards. These Palmettos are it and evidently people are hoarding the few that were produced.

I am a supporting member and have sold a LeMatt revolver through the site. I’m sure the buyer would verify my integrity.

I wish you well in your search.
Jeff
Hi
Do you still have this gun for sale
Thanks Jacob

Back