• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Want to buy a Muzzleloading rifle. High end. Engraved. Fancy wood

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am interested in buying a high end rifle, preferred could be smooth bore. Flint preferred or percussion. I like target shooting. I like either damascus, octagon barrel or something fancy. Engraved.

A few little knocks and dings, patina is a plus. Well-loved is good. Fancy or extra fancy wood. PM or email me. I will respond. I am also interested in accrutoments, once I have the rifle unless items don't come with one. I Like Tip Curtis or similar maker. modern or antique.

I have this one is for sale in the "For Sale" section. How high is "high end"?

DSCF2168.JPGDSCF2169.JPG

I am interested in buying a high end rifle, preferred could be smooth bore. Flint preferred or percussion. I like target shooting. I like either damascus, octagon barrel or something fancy. Engraved.

A few little knocks and dings, patina is a plus. Well-loved is good. Fancy or extra fancy wood. PM or email me. I will respond. I am also interested in accrutoments, once I have the rifle unless items don't come with one. I Like Tip Curtis or similar maker. modern or antique.
That’s a very wide net. Rifled or smooth, flint or percussion, new or used.

I am covered up with replies and PMs! I need to do some research to better understand what I want to buy!

Not where to begin.

I understand breech loading shotguns, but at a loss about muzzleloaders.
Let me think a while and get back to you! Please stop for now!

Maybe better rethink the whole thing. Go to a site like GunsInternational.com and look under Muzzleloading Rifles Custom. Browse without constant offers. Might give you a better idea of what you want. Lots of great guns on here, but your search is too vague and everyone will throw what they have at you, including me!

Jim Chambers, jim kibler, Mike Miller, for starters. Excellent craftsmen. Prepare to wait 2+ years after order placed. And a very hefty check account. Prolly start at $3,000. Guessing.

Since you live in the Atlanta area, you might get in touch with Allan G. Sandy. He now lives in Northern Florida, close to you. He specializes in high art flint long rifles as I recall. He might have something already finished and for sale. He used to have a booth at the Antique Arms Show in Baltimore each year. I've seen some of his guns first hand. Lots of carving, engraving, silver wire inlay, etc. True works of art I would be hesitant to take in the field. LOL

Rick

I was at the Log Cabin Shop a couple of weeks ago. They had 2 handmade Jim Kibler rifles. One was $11,000 the other I think was in the 9 to 10k range. They looked very nice and were fancy.

There are plenty of such nice rifles already made and available for sale. Keep learning and try to get to the black powder shows where you can see and handle in person. They're out there, just waiting for a new owner! Your taste is excellent, let us know when you find your rifle.

I was at the Log Cabin Shop a couple of weeks ago. They had 2 handmade Jim Kibler rifles. One was $11,000 the other I think was in the 9 to 10k range. They looked very nice and were fancy.
They were nice! Seller allowed me to shoulder one of them. Too much for my pay grade. One unfired one little used. He was passing them on for others to enjoy them. Not that it matters but he is the publisher of those books that were for sale.

Back