• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wall Tent frame

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well Me and the wife just bought a used 12x12 wall tent in great shape. It came with all the poles ropes and stakes. It has a ground cloth and an 8x16 awning. We are very happy. But when we got it home and tried to set it up we realized some of the poles are missing. My question is do most of you guys run a long pole down the outside of the wall or just use 4 or 5 short poles for uprights on the wall? I like the idea of a long 12 foot pole with only 2 uprights but i am not sure which is more stable. Thanks Denny

Denny, Here's a picture of mine:

001.jpg

I've seen them a lot of different ways. Corner poles with long pole along the side, all poles along the side, only corner poles with nothing in between. It all depends on how you want it set up. A long pole on the side would be difficult to transport without a ladder rack. How many poles does yours take on the walls? If it's five, you could always go with three.

killer said:
I like the idea of a long 12 foot pole with only 2 uprights but i am not sure which is more stable. Thanks Denny

Then go for it. :thumbsup:
Both techniques offer the same stability, really. I'm using a pole at each loop on my 9x12, but carrying all those poles takes up a lot of space, I kinda wish I would have ordered the tent with ties instead of loops so I could easily use a single side pole.

There is always learning curve to setting up YOUR tent,,, getting the ropes and stakes in the right spot, proper tension/stretch to the canvas and the ropes, un-even ground,,,

I guess the best advise I got was to set up with what we call "hurricane" ropes, and that's just two ropes at each corner at right angles too each other and roughly parallel to the tent walls,, with sliding tension adjustments on the ropes.

Don't just use a nonadjustable rope,(aka;short rope with a knotted loop on each side) canvas moves with the temps, hot sun will pull it tight, cool nights will make it loose. The wind and rain will make it move around abit, and it's nice to be able to walk around and just pull up the slack in the ropes

Here is a picture of mine being set up. That fly has gone down once in high wind, but the wall tent stayed put. Oh, it is a 12 X1 4 X 7' high tent with 4' walls, so a lot of "sail". Also note the storm ropes on the fly.
STV2003002.jpg

Well we got her all set up tonight and we went with the poles at each loop, and it worked out great. here are a few pics.
ColumbiavilleRendezvous2010002.jpg

ColumbiavilleRendezvous2010003.jpg

From my experience, this is the best tent for sitting around camp to get out of the sun, while waiting for the battle to start or in the evening for serving up chow. Panther Primitives makes the best in the business! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back