• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wabbits they did run!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armymedic.2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Beautiful day to be out! A bad chest cold and shin deep snow that wouldnt always hold your weight slowed me down, but we did well anyway.

we both were using side by sides with loose shot.

ended the day with my dog flushing one into the open field, my right barrel rolling it, and my brothers dog retrieving to my feet. what a gentlemanly end to the day!

delic!

Foxes are protected down here (as well as almost every other predator it seems) so I don't see that many rabbits in over a year. Everything except me kills them.

Good shooting. I still haven't got it through my brain that BP needs more of a lead. :idunno:

Patocazador said:
...that BP needs more of a lead.

For me it's less of an issue than continuing my swing. I had a lot of trouble with that when I first started. Maybe just my tick, but it was a biggie for hitting anything on the move.

Awesome hunt and results! Hope you get to feeling better though. :thumbsup:

Thanks gents, leading them is a bugger. but i think follow through on the swing is what got me connecting better.

recipe for rabbit is really simple but you look like a chef hero.

put dressed rabbits in chicken stock, in a glass cookware seasoned with whatever you fancy for 2 hours at 250 degrees.
take out and pull all of the meat off the carcass, tossing it into your favorite sauce with loads of diced tomatoes and garlic. simmer for one hour and lay over you favorite noodle.

Now that right there is living.

I took Sadie for the last run of the season yesterday. We had fun but it was still quite cold. I had a rabbit pass at mere feet, close enough to see that it had a small hole in its ear. That was a pretty cool experience. When she worked her way back to me a few minutes later, she couldn't pick up the scent. Too cold. She put one more up off the end of her nose, and after she lost sight of it, same thing, she couldn't pick it up.

Great day overall, wouldn't have changed anything. My uncle used to say "let them go for seed". That is what saved that rabbit with a hole in its ear yesterday. :wink:

Love chasin bunnies with bp.

Shin deep is still doable. Where I go it's crotch to armpit deep. If you're not wearing snowshoes you ain't goin' nowhere. Good bunch of wabbits. :thumbsup:

Snowshoes were needed last week but not this one. Thank goodness

Thats exactly right silly! Just the experience is worth it. Dogs defintely had trouble this and last week. Lots of trails going cold in the middle of the chase

Back