• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

W Moore shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Years ago my great uncle gave me an old muzzleloader shotgun that belonged to my great great grandfather. According to the ramrod he took out a few hopefully rabbits. W Moore made shotguns in London in the early 19th century. An auction site I found a while ago dated it to 1835. Enclosing pictures. Enjoy. Ray
IMG_3612.jpeg
IMG_3612.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3596.jpeg
    IMG_3596.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3597.jpeg
    IMG_3597.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3599.jpeg
    IMG_3599.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3602.jpeg
    IMG_3602.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3603.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3604.jpeg
    IMG_3604.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3608.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3609.jpeg
    IMG_3609.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Remove the barrels to check the proof marks.. the bore size may also be stamped.
Enjoy

You will find that guns by Moore were common they were the work horses and used mostly by the common fellow also farmers and game keepers .Over the decades I have restored a great number off them some if looked after through the guns life required little work and were a good solid gun .
Feltwad

I have one that I use for trap shooting and another guy at our club has one as well. I agree with everything Feltwad said, pretty common and built for hard use.

Put some new nipples in it and go shooting.

Back