• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

W.M. Large barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anybody know of this barrel maker? I have an oppurtunity to pick up a barrel by this maker from an old timer, barrel says W.M. LARGE in an arc then J.J.J.J. in a straight line under it and a L under the js, 1" barrel 54 cal 1:66 twist with a lollipop tang on the breech plug, brand new never used, anybody?

PS have a clue what its worth?

thats one of his later barrels, the L is supposedly his mark that he rifled the barrel himself. do a search on the forum for bill large. i bought a rifle with a large barrel and had the same questions. the forum members are quick and eager to supply info and helped me a lot.

It has not been to long ago that one of his barrels in new unused condition sold for $300. on EBAY. If you can get it for a good price I would get it. :thumbsup:

You don't happen to remember where that barrel was listed by any chance? I couldn't find it am I am interested in one of Bill's barrels.

Back