• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Various .32cal info needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulis7

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am ordering a .32cal Traditions Deerhunter rifle for the upcoming small game season this year and need some information on accessories. Currently everything I have is for my .50cal's so will need to make a do-dads order for jag, brush and puller.

1: Thread size on the Traditions .32cal rods, 8/32 or 10/32?

2: Cleaning patch size?

3: Shooting patch size?

Regulis7

I am not sure about the Traditions, but if you bring your rod to Camden on the 20th or 21st of this month, there will likely be a few vendors who could help you out on the spot.

The smallest bore that I have is .36, so I may not be a lot of help there, but...

As to cleaning patches, I make my own from cut up tee shirt material. I had access to about 50 shirts and a big steel papercutter...

As to shooting patches, I cut at the muzzle from various fabrics -- mostly pillow ticking from WalMart.

Where do you shoot? We might need to meet some time and shoot. I can bring a variety of sizes and you can give them a try. I have been going to Columbia once a month and shooting informally near Marion.

PM, if you like.

CS

Regulis,

I picked up a Traditions Crockett rifle used from a fellow board member here, for my 10yr old. Nice little gun.

The nipple size is 6x1.0mm. Check Log Cabin website. They specify in their part descriptions.

Cleaning patch: whatever works good with the .32 jag (small).

We shoot .310 rb's, and .015" patch.

Java Man

The aluminum rod on mine has 10-32 threads, for cleaning I use the military surplus patches for the .223. I still have a small supply of the .15 patches from Ox-Yoke, these work well with the .310 ball. Fun, Fun gun. Much more accurate than I will ever be. :front:

Regulis, I have the Traditions crockett rifle in .32
I got all of my tools from Track of the wolf. They have a nipple wrench made just for that gun, and I use a jag and patches for cleaning. The rod I got with the gun was way to short to use. I would seat a ball on a full charge and there was about 3/4 inch of rod sticking out of the barrel!Thank goodness I never dry-balled this gun(yet)! The stock has a lot of meat under the lock area so I drilled the ramrod channel another 3" or so deeper, chucked the junk ramrod and ordered an unfinished rod with brass tip from track of the wolf and trimmed it to fit flush with the muzzle with jag installed.I believe the rod is threaded to 8/32. Load is 30 grains 3F goex, .310 ball and .010 spit patch. Shoots like all my .22 rimfires, very accurate! My kids love it. Only cap gun I own and will probably keep it for good. Lots of luck!

Back