• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

?value of a t/c renegade 56 sb

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel collums

45 Cal.
Reaction score
reckon what a fair price for a very near mint unfired t/c renegade 56 sb would be.HIGH AND LOW PRICE, looking at one to buy.

Why would you think it was a re-bore? T/C has a 56 cal. smoothbore gun. I believe CynthiaLee has one. Also the .56 smoothbore T/C guns are becoming hard to find. If I had the money and wanted one I would pay around $350.00 as my top offer. And as a low offer? say $200.00.

in condition described $250.00 to $350.00 would probably be a realistic price range dependin' on how much ya want it if yer the buyer or how bad ya wanta sell if yer the owner. moulds for the roundball are kinda hard to find & pricey when ya do. luck & have a good'en, bubba.

Most T/C's are cheap,guys in these parts usually sell them for $100-$200 bucks if they are in good shape :idunno:

They are very good, underrated guns - I have one I paid less than $200 because the muzzle was pitted. It shoots better than I can hold it, using .530 ball and pillow ticking patches over wasp's nest or other wads. If I found another one in better shape, I's be willing to part with at least $200-$300 for it. After all, they don't make them anymore!

Prices seem to be all over the place. I picked up a used Hawken in great shape for $100 at a gunshow last year. The same gun in a shop would be $350. New from a dealer would be $500+. .56 Smoothbores are more scarce and could fetch a premium from folks in areas that only allow smoothbores for hunting. T/Cs are great guns. Quality USA made, plenty of parts.

the one i was looking at is at gunauctions its listed as unfired/mint/perfect. but in the blurred photo the nipple area looked dirty/rusty.when i sent a ? to the seller asking if it was mint unfired or had corrosion around the nipple. he just replied maybe i needed to buy a nib rifle. This is the main reason you should get good pictures and ask questions about stuff before bidding or buying online. It could save you many headaches and lots of money. it did me

Online buying is dodgy, you have to ask questions and check feedback. Out of curiosity I did a search and I don't think T/C makes Renegades or Hawkens anymore. Midway's retail price was $789!! but they claim they are discontinued. I guess the foreign copies have finally driven T/C out of the market. Eventually the prices will rise on T/Cs as the quality is excellent and the available numbers will drop. A couple of decades from now they will be sought after USA made guns. Remember when T/C Hawkens were everywhere and they were only $X.....?

As far a price for TC... they are all over the board. It really depends on where you are. Renegades are on the low end of the scale pretty much anywhere whereas Cherokees bring top plus dollar.

Keep in mind, parts will be hard to get and I have had a lock break.

As for TC getting out of the business... word is S&W bought them out and started using their barrel making machines for other guns.

It would appear that some sellers have decided that TC going away means they should sell Renegades and Hawkens twice the price. It is going to be interesting to see whether the sellers or the buyers bend the most.

Back