• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Value my pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaaSteve

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi there, I was hoping to get some help giving these guns and sword some value. They were given to me by my grandfather recently. Only two of them have noticeable markings, and that would be the 4 shot CMC, and the other potential CMC dueling pistol

Attachments

• 20240120_170743.jpeg
    20240120_170743.jpeg
    913 KB · Views: 3
The CMC's were made from the 1960's by several companies including I think Navy Arms and Dixie and were still being made until a few years ago. They go for $150 and up according to condition. The dueling pistol was known as "the New Orleans Ace" and was made with both smoothbore and rifled barrels. I have a rifled barrel. Search in the classifieds for previous sales.

Are you wanting to sell them? Or just get a ball park on what they are worth?
Worth varies… I’m no expert about putting value on things if it’s a good deal to me at the time I will buy it (this has bit me in the ass before but lessons learned). Also condition is a factor, you could have a great looking rifle and later find out the bore is roasted or just won’t shoot worth a manure (also one of my lessons learned). Black powder is a niche, some would say a dying breed. Where abouts in Florida are you located? Depending on your location you could have a local muzzle loader club/ or member point you in the direction you want to go.

Sale value depends on condition and shootability. I can't say about the revolver, but the others aren't particularly collectable and probably around $150. Maybe more if you have the right buyer. I think the blade is a letter opener. Some people collect them, and there may be someone that would find it interesting?

My opinion is that they are in poor condition. The top one looks like a Spanish inexpensive pistol, the next one looks like it also is a low budget derringer that were sold in the 60's - 70's. The brass frame revolver is a good paperweight. Don't know anything about the bottom two. My guess on price would be $50 for the top three and maybe $75 for the bottom two.:dunno:

The CMC's were made from the 1960's by several companies including I think Navy Arms and Dixie and were still being made until a few years ago. They go for $150 and up according to condition. The dueling pistol was known as "the New Orleans Ace" and was made with both smoothbore and rifled barrels. I have a rifled barrel. Search in the classifieds for previous sales.
Thank you for your info that was helpful.

Are you wanting to sell them? Or just get a ball park on what they are worth?
Worth varies… I’m no expert about putting value on things if it’s a good deal to me at the time I will buy it (this has bit me in the ass before but lessons learned). Also condition is a factor, you could have a great looking rifle and later find out the bore is roasted or just won’t shoot worth a manure (also one of my lessons learned). Black powder is a niche, some would say a dying breed. Where abouts in Florida are you located? Depending on your location you could have a local muzzle loader club/ or member point you in the direction you want to go.
Right now just looking to get a ball park idea of what they are worth. If they had some real value I would lock them up and give them to my grandkids 20 years from now but it seems like they made so many of these guns that they are not very rare.

Sale value depends on condition and shootability. I can't say about the revolver, but the others aren't particularly collectable and probably around $150. Maybe more if you have the right buyer. I think the blade is a letter opener. Some people collect them, and there may be someone that would find it interesting?
Thank you for the info, it’s in line with everything else I have read

My opinion is that they are in poor condition. The top one looks like a Spanish inexpensive pistol, the next one looks like it also is a low budget derringer that were sold in the 60's - 70's. The brass frame revolver is a good paperweight. Don't know anything about the bottom two. My guess on price would be $50 for the top three and maybe $75 for the bottom two.:dunno:
Thanks, at this point they just sit and eventually get turned over to the kids one day.

Your two bottom pistols were made by Classic Arms back in the 70s I believe. As SmokepoleSam stated, the bottom one is a "New Orleans Ace". It is more like a "boot" or hideout pistol, not a dueling pistol. The second from the bottom is the Classic Arms interpretation of a "pepperbox" revolving-barrel pistol. The barrels must be rotated by hand.

Classic Arms Co. did not have, shall we say, a stellar reputation for quality. You probably won't realize much in monetary value for them should you decide to sell. The sentimental value would likely be much greater.

My brother had both the Ace and the pepperbox. He never could get either one to work to his satisfaction for various reasons. Neither was ultimately worth much more than the cardboard boxes in which they were sold.

Sorry I can't offer any advice on the other pieces but expect more information from members here who are MUCH more informed than I.

Back