• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

US wolves taken off endangered list, clearing way for hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RC wait a minute :shocked2: I think he was responding to what Old Charlie said not me. :surrender:

rabbit03 (the rabbid rabbit who kills things in the woods)

That's about right, could you imagine the ones who are into thes assault (looking) weapons going out and killing just to see it die or how many they could get or just target practice.

Thankfull we all should be for the laws in place to prevent such a disaster.

The years of old had very few I am sure people like that who would just go and kill for the sake of it. Unless you consider the Buffalo hunters (killers) that almost killed the buffalo into extinction but even they had a purpose, perverse as it may have been. But you have a different element out there today and with all this millitaria stuff can you imagine how it would be for the wildlife if they were unchecked and killed indiscriminately!

Thankfully we had people of vision in the country that set aside vast wildernesses for the natural habbitat to thrive.

rabbit03 (the blood thirsty rabbid killer rabbit) :blah:

Bravo....and I bow to your and RC's wisdom....Fred

GENERAL COMMENT

I think no useful purpose is ever served by arbitrarily labeling any "group" as something negative.

as in the statement "a different element out there today with all this millitaria stuff"......basically indicts anyone/everyone who has that type of equipment as being irresponsible game killers.

There is no more validity to that assertion that there would be to say that all centerfire rifle hunters who use semi-automatic rifles are irresponsbile game killers.

rabbit03 said:
Hey RC wait a minute I think he was responding to what Old Charlie said not me

rabbit03
hey rabbit, maybe.. but somehow this got turned (imagine that!) from "is hunting a right or a privilage" to whether "those rights or privliages included the laws.." (course this is after it got turned from opening a season on wolves.)(turned..again?) i figured you weren't against laws for hunting,neither am i... jus you think it's a "right" to hunt.an i think privilage.. somehow lawlessness came in.. that's all weren't tryin to speak for you,just relayin the past post..sorry if i spoke(wrote) wrong.. RC

redwing said:
The BLM has closed roads in the Mtns. due to the mass of rotting Moose calves not eaten just killed by wolves. The Elk herds are going fast.
where are you getting this :bull: as a western hunter,guide I would like to know the truth and this ain't :nono:
wolves do !!! have their place. as do all god's creatures. the only critter out of balance is the human race and their unwillingness to stop acting as mothernature. It is a fact that there are to many cototes here in CO and our small game suffers from it. There is only one thing that will balance a overabundance of coyotes, and that is wolves. But make no mistake it is better for a preditor to relocate it's self than be relocated by humans. Some ecosystems can't afford a pair of Alfa wolves, where a beta pair may make less of an inpact. I have seen time and time again where there was a perfect balance of preditor and prey such as the Yaak vally in MT, then the fish and game in all their wisdom :youcrazy: relocates problem wolves in to the vally just to tip the scale and create total havoic.
What I am saying is the problem is us not the critters.

:hatsoff:
:hatsoff:

I would rather have 25 coyotes than 1 wolf. Wolves belong in wilderness areas, which pretty much rules out the lower 48.

Wolves are not romantic or noble. They dont belong here anymore.

Seeing some of the "western" posters are "dead set " against wolves, have expressed their views on killing wolves outside the law, is a good reason for my diversion of the "wolf open season" topic to a discussion on why laws should be obeyed. I just expressed my opinions of staying within the law. After all, this country would be in more trouble than it is, if personal judgements superceded the laws of the land......vigilante justice however practiced is anarchy. RC....you're right and very observant in noting that we have veered from the original subject, but I felt that the "western" hatred of wolves" is no justification for exterminating them. Controlling the population of wolves and killing those that attack livestock, is warranted, but this isn't what the "wolf haters" desire. Annihilation and extinction is their sorry goal.......Fred

thats allright PENNSYLVANIA is working to make deer extinct....maybe its a plan to never have wolves...NO FOOD NO WOLVES.. :thumbsup:

barebackjack said:
Wolves are not romantic or noble. They dont belong here anymore.
People arent really noble either based on things we have exterminated.Do we really belong here?It wasnt a pack of wolves that wiped out the bison or other animals it was us.
Just something to think about :winking:

flehto... :hmm: i guess i see both sides... sorta, yeah the wolf was here(or there) and now has come back,but times has changed,,as far as bein law abiding,,i'm right there with ya,but if i seen wolves costin me money...have to do what had to be done.....still think a over population of them calls for a huntin season on them,guess they need a predator too,right? an if the people who reintro'd them sees fit for a season,they must know,right? extinction..annihilation.. no.but if its a problem..yea we (humans) cause more than any animal, but being law abiding citizens we can't really cull that herd..would love to hunt a fair chase wolfhunt, but see the farmers/ranchers side first off... that's my plan B.. cause if i'm not successful durin huntin season...the ranchers an farmers is gonna feed me.. top of the food chain thing..jes sad times has changed so much...and the people livin in it.. RC :(

Just throwing this question out there for you guys that have had livestock killed by wolves.Does'nt the fish and game department reimburse you for livestock killed by wolves?If it was coyotes you can answer the question also.I know that doesnt replace the calves or lambs that would have been born later.

Don't agree that extinction / annihilation is the best end game.....but.....if I lived in the west and began seeing an increasing number of wolves on my property, increasing evidence of wolves killing livestock, and increasing sightings of them in and around, near my family/homestead itself, I would begin killing every one I saw before they got out of control like the coyote population has already done, exploding into every state across the country.

It wouldnt be good to have the kids out while the wolves were lurking in the brush.And its hard to know when they are on the livestock.There was a show on tv about this subject and they had some device that was supposed to detour the wolves.They had it hanging on the fence all the way around the ranch.I cant remember what it did to detour the wolves though.

flehto said:
Seeing some of the "western" posters are "dead set " against wolves, have expressed their views on killing wolves outside the law, is a good reason for my diversion of the "wolf open season" topic to a discussion on why laws should be obeyed. I just expressed my opinions of staying within the law. After all, this country would be in more trouble than it is, if personal judgements superceded the laws of the land......vigilante justice however practiced is anarchy. RC....you're right and very observant in noting that we have veered from the original subject, but I felt that the "western" hatred of wolves" is no justification for exterminating them. Controlling the population of wolves and killing those that attack livestock, is warranted, but this isn't what the "wolf haters" desire. Annihilation and extinction is their sorry goal.......Fred

Well said as for barebackjack I would much rather have 1 wolf than 23 yoties, the yoties in my back yard which is a wilderness(I border three wilderness here in CO) have desimated our grouse population. I own land in the YAAK vally in MT one of the last truly wild places where there is !!! a true balance, rairly do I see yotie scat and wolf only now an then and guess what the Yaak has a healthy population of four types of grouse and turkey, In fact when I go up to my land in the fall I just get a small game tag and live fat, that my friend is called balance.
As for my last post I still want to know where they have shut roads down do to rotting moose calves :bull:I did a little calling around, I guide in Idaho and run the woods in MT I called some of the main fish an game dept in WY,ID,and MT. No body has heard of such a thing so once again where have you heard this :bull: redwing

BRUN said:
Just throwing this question out there for you guys that have had livestock killed by wolves.Does'nt the fish and game department reimburse you for livestock killed by wolves?If it was coyotes you can answer the question also.I know that doesnt replace the calves or lambs that would have been born later.
So nobody out there has had the BIG BAD WOLF HUFF AND PUFF AND BLOW THEIR COWS DOWN???Guess not since nobody answered the question.Maybe its not the BIG BAD WOLF thats full of hot air. :blah: :rotf:

BRUN said "So nobody out there has had the BIG BAD WOLF HUFF AND PUFF AND BLOW THEIR COWS DOWN???Guess not since nobody answered the question.Maybe its not the BIG BAD WOLF thats full of hot air."""""" :hmm: gee imagine that! no rancher or farmer answered that in less than 24 hours...wonder what they're doin ???????? :shake: RC

The ones that were griping the most have been online since then.Ya I checked. :grin:

WELL, guess it depends who you want to answer.. i quick went thru an couldn't come across a rancher or farmer who took part in this forum.. there was alot of i seens an i knows but couldn't find a actual farmer /rancher.. an you did ask if anyone had their cows blowed down.jes makin sure we on the same page,,sometimes i gets confused..RC

RC said:
there was alot of i seens an i knows but couldn't find a actual farmer
That was the whole point of the question!I think it was more like "I heard it from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy"Thats why I asked.Just looking for first hand accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back