• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

UPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPS does sometimes have a hiccup.
I shipped a rare rifle (made by International Harvester) across the country for a client.
It arrived folded into a "V" shape.
Seems it got caught in a conveyor or lift gate. UPS balked on the insurance until I sent the collectors blue book info to them.
It took a couple of months to get it settled. And of course - a rifle this rare could not be replaced.

I'd blame UPS. Those guys don't care one bit for people's merch. I know because I worked for another delivery service for a year when I was laid off from my job. Some of what I witnessed was sickening. From throwing packages to stepping on them inside the vans to get to one in the back. Heavy boxes tossed onto light ones or ones marked fragile. They didn't care. I did though. I treated every one as if it were my own. I kept my mouth shut because I was the new guy and needed the money for my kids who were young at the time. Fortunately I was only there 1 year then got called back to my other job. I quickly left the delivery service and luckily never had to go back.
A man of character...Thank you good man.

Very eye-opening, it's a miracle any package ever gets to where it's going! That being said the video plainly shows packages dropping onto conveyer belts, into bins, all with the force of enertia. I think packing any firearm without keeping that video in mind isn't wise.

My question- is marking a box' fragile', essentially pointless ? I doubt any of the automated movement points are reading packages marked 'fragile'and treating them with any more care than others unmarked.

I've got a buddy who has been a delivery driver for a local UPS hub for about 35 years. One day after he had dropped of a bunch of packages at the company were I worked. I asked him, "what's the difference between Breakable and Fragile?" He said, "How far you can throw the package." The worst part about his statement is, he was dead serious!
God bless:
Two Feathers

Recently received a flinter with barrel sticking out the end of the box. The container was a rectangular wooden frame inside a box. The builder/shipper did all he could to protect the merchandise. The taping could have been more substantial. I put in a complaint and replaced the ramrod. I have received packages with tire tracks on them. Shipping makes me very nervous.

Attachments

• USPS damaged .40 flintlock rifle. 5-28-20 2.JPG
    USPS damaged .40 flintlock rifle. 5-28-20 2.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 66
  • USPS damaged .40 flintlock rifle. 5-28-20.JPG
    USPS damaged .40 flintlock rifle. 5-28-20.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 66
As well it should my brother, as well it should
Recently received a flinter with barrel sticking out the end of the box. The container was a rectangular wooden frame inside a box. The builder/shipper did all he could to protect the merchandise. The taping could have been more substantial. I put in a complaint and replaced the ramrod. I have received packages with tire tracks on them. Shipping makes me very nervous.

Back