• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Upcoming places I will be at

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Moore

40 Cal.
Reaction score
For those interested,
I will be at the following places this winter, if bad weather doesn't stop me:
Nebraska Annual Convention in Kearney (Jan)
Kansas Muzzle Loading Convention in Great Bend (Feb)
Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association's Winter
Convention in Fort Lupton (march)
At most of these events, I will be doing a class, besides having a table there. Hope to see
a few of you, make sure to tell me you use this forum. It will be interesting to see how many of your names I have seen on this site.
mike.

I don't have the exact dates at my finger tips right now, they are lost in a large pile next to the writing computer! But, you can go to all of the state muzzleloading associations' web sites and each will give you a events listing and contacts.
Fort Lupton is north and slightly east of denver on Hwy 85 about 40 miles. Nebraska's group treat you well, Colorado's convention is always good for me, I get to see alot of friends there. Never been to Nebraska's, but have been trying for the last three years to go to it.
mike.

Well seeing as how I only live about 30min. from Fort Lupton, Co. I should make an effort to go. That is if I can manage to find a way there. Do by chance have a place to stay while you are in Co? Our place in the middle of a massive remodel but I don't think my roommates would mind if you stayed here for the weekend. I would just need to confirm with them first.

Frost

Frost,
Thanks for the offer! I live in Denver and
will probably make the trip each day. A few of my
friends will stay at the rendezvous site, but
there is always things to do around the house.
I think it is 40 minutes to the house. Besure to
swing by the table and say Hi.
mike.

What do you plan to teach at the winter convention? I just saw the poke and stroke and it was talking about the classes but I didn't see your name listed.

Regards
Loyd Shindelbower
Loveland Colorado
"Hammer Hand"

Winter Convention is one of the few places
that classes don't go over well. Taught two
the last few years and had a total of 10 people
in the two classes. And had the same response over the years there. I think part of it is that
alot is compressed into the two days and with the
state assocation's business meetings too, classes
don't get promoted the way they should. They are not announced to the general public usually before they start, and unless you beat the bushes yourself, the classes are small.
I will check the board when I get there and see
how many classes will be going on and if there is
a space open, you might see me doing one. Anything in particular you are interested in?
mike.

I want to learn to engrave steel and also the technique of applying gold and silver inlays into steel. I've seen the outcome and it's really spectacular.
Ron Ring the president of the Colorado state muzzleloaders has really been doing a great job at promoting the winter convention. I thing this year is going to be different. Let's hope so anyway. I'll be there with a table selling my knives and blacksmithing stuff.

Regards
Loyd Shindelbower
Hammer Hand
Scribe for the Buckhorn Skinners.

I'll be in Greatbend on the 3rd I'll stop by and say hi,. My problem is them conventions always seem to cost me to much money :rotf:

I want to say thanks to the Nebraska Muzzleloading Association, Denise and I had a great time there. Even with the cold and snow, we were able to meet a number of new people, pack out a class (with a few standing in the back) and sell a number of books.
I am like the rest of you; when you go to a event like this, I always spend money. Picked up a nice section of tanned buffalo for mocs and other projects during the auction and a knife from a trader who was set up close to me. The event is worth the trip, if any of you are thinking of going. And was good to met a few of you there.
mike.

Had a great time at the Kansas convention. It was
good to have a few of you stop by and say hi. I think we all spent some money there, but will recover from it.
mike.

We had a great turn out and a fun day at the Winter Convention! It was nice to meet a few of the forum members, hope to see all of you again.
Take care friends,
mike.

Latest posts

Back