• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unsual Horn Cap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nw_hunter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are two pics of a horn my friend CW is making.
The cap is made from a Moose antler base, and the carving was done by a friend of ours.

Horn001.jpg

Horn002.jpg

Depending on how ya finish the rest of the horn that looks like an entry at Dixon's muzzleloading fair. Beautiful karving n kolor so far out standing work

Its a nice piece of carving art, but the horn is too big, and the plug weighs too much. Without a small boy sent along with that horn to carry it, I can't see myself hauling something that heavy around. :rotf: I bet that horn can hold more than 2 lbs. of powder! Wooo-eeeee! I don't need that much weigh pounding against my hip or leg!

I love the art- don't get me wrong. I just don't want to carry it around. Something that well done should be looked at, not used. :hatsoff:

Your right Paul!It will be a wall hanger for sure.
He carrys a nice bison horn on his bag.

The Buff on the horn was carved by a friend.Don does beautiful work, and is a retired professional carver. Here is a walking stick he did for me, with a grizz carved on moose antler.

Walkingstickpic003.jpg

I got a friend that does nice horns...
Now I need a friend that can carve like that!

WoW again!:thumbsup:

Here is another of CW's horns with carved end cap.
This one is a Buff horn, and is my favorite.

I like those black horns. :grin:

Patches002.jpg

Patches001.jpg

Latest posts

Back