• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Universal question about beeswax

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZFC

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi you all,

I have a question about beeswax. Why is it that beeswax is so popular for melting together with other oils/waxes or whatever? I have heard that it is because it increases the burning temperature of the mix. Is that correct? If so, is it more usefull in pistols (lubed wads for example that make contact with the burning powder) than as a fillermix in revolvers? Or has is special cleaning-powers? I have 2 kg and would like to use it as appropriate as possible.

I'm looking forward to your replies!

Thnx, Hans.

I use it with my BP guns because it is not a petroleum by-product, and will not leave a hard residue in the bore.

HH 60

Ah, I see. How about the wax candles are made of. I use that too sometimes. Does that leave a hard residu?

Hans.

ZFC said:
Hi you all,

I have a question about beeswax. Why is it that beeswax is so popular for melting together with other oils/waxes or whatever? I have heard that it is because it increases the burning temperature of the mix. Is that correct? If so, is it more usefull in pistols (lubed wads for example that make contact with the burning powder) than as a fillermix in revolvers? Or has is special cleaning-powers? I have 2 kg and would like to use it as appropriate as possible.

I'm looking forward to your replies!

Thnx, Hans.

It has a good melting temperature, it does not turn rancid and it has good lubrication qualities.

Mix it with Neetsfoot oil, Murphy's Soap, or jojoba to make it softer.

flintlock62 said:
It has a good melting temperature, it does not turn rancid and it has good lubrication qualities.

Mix it with Neetsfoot oil, Murphy's Soap, or jojoba to make it softer.

That's exactly what most of us in my club who shoot rifles also do, me included.

A member has a bee, so we get it for nothing. :thumbsup:

tac

A member has a bee, so we get it for nothing

Doggone TAC, you friend must work that poor bee almighty hard to supply all you guys with wax. :rotf:

Acorn Mush said:

Doggone TAC, you friend must work that poor bee almighty hard to supply all you guys with wax. :rotf:

Hey, you've heard the well-known phrase or saying 'busy as a bee'? Well, this is the one they're talkin' about.

tac

tac said:
Acorn Mush said:

Hey, you've heard the well-known phrase or saying 'busy as a bee'? Well, this is the one they're talkin' about.

tac

Here in the Netherlands we have a political party called something like 'Party for the protection of animals'. Let's not inform them about this poor bee ... :grin:

Usually, those protect the animal groups don't include bugs and insects in their ranting and ravings.

They will squash a fly or an ant or a bee with a rolled up newspaper while they shout about being nice to all living things. :(

Latest posts

Back