• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

uberti revolver questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNICK

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a uberti replica of a 58 remington army and have a couple of questions I put this together from a kit about twenty years ago and have shot it very little, the cylinder to barrel gap is only .004 so after firng about two cylinders through it I need to remove the cylinder and clean the front of it, is this normal? also just replaced the nipples and noticed that the flash holes are smaller my nipple pick wont even fit through them,how mutch of a problem will this cause or will I just have to shoot it and find out.

DNick, you can make your own pick out of piano wire or just about anything that will fit the nipples you are using on that revolver. The fouling problem you are having on the cylinder face is normal and is remedied by using a spit rag and wiping it off when you load the cylinder fresh. I don't take the cylinder out, I just put 'er on halfcock and turn the cylinder with the spit rag against it. That will cure that.
Don

You will find that the flash holes in good quality replacement nipples are smaller, much more uniform in size and better centered than the factory ones, even in Uberties. Replacing the stock nipples is the first step in accurizing a revolver. The smaller flash holes present no problems at all and as Cooner54 said you can always make a new nipple pick. My wife and I have both shot C&B revolvers in competition for years, team matches (rapid fire) and individuals and neither even owns a nipple pick, should never need one. As to binding up you can always put a drop of bore cleaner on the cylinder pin at the face of the cylinder. I ruled out greasing the pin years ago as it only compounded the problem. If it is a real problem run a .22 patch on a .22 jag (for Remingtons) through the cylinder every once in a while.

thanks for the info thats what i was hoping to hear but had to know for sure as this revolver will be used and hauled around a lot from now on as my interest in black powder firearms has returned and on one of my "walks" this last summer i ran onto three of the big cats.

Back