• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two days!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great hunt Brits! Looks like you have two great hunting mates in your Bess and your spirited hound! Loving the picture of the English country-side. Reminds me of my two years up north in white rose country.

Well done bagging that rabbit Brit, be nice pan fried or stewed. Nice looking bess what make is it? I've been thinking of getting one of the pedersoli bess carbines though they're pricey and cost a fair few quid.

Well done bagging that rabbit Brit, be nice pan fried or stewed. Nice looking bess what make is it? I've been thinking of getting one of the pedersoli bess carbines though they're pricey and cost a fair few quid.
It is a Pedersoli. IIRC about 1983. The carbine model. It has a patinà but is sound and a good bore and lock.
I think I could sell her and for a good price but it's difficult finding someone interested over here.

B.

Brit. From the parentage JES must be a WHIPLINGTON,but I'm sure she must still be fun to have around.. I would really rather have another Curly but not a Liver again.They look too much like Charlie in the thick stuff. Our local Green Granite is as hard as flint but will not flake so it's back to Brandon.200 mile round trip for 1 little bit of stone but that with care and some reknapping will more than likely see off the total SHUSHIE population of NW L. this year.. OLD DOG..

I have a herd, flock, bevy, pride, gathering, pack, gang of rabbits who live under my back yard shed. They have been mostly successful in timing their scurry out from under the shed and out through our fence such that our Greyhounds don't get them - most of the time. The dogs drag in an unlucky or dumb bunny about once every few weeks. I would love to reduce the back yard rabbit population, but I live in a residential neighborhood and can't even use my pellet guns.
Walk or drive the local community in the early morning, evening or night and you will see flashes of gray shooting across our lawns. The rabbits also carry the disease, Tularemia.
Ron

It is a Pedersoli. IIRC about 1983. The carbine model. It has a patinà but is sound and a good bore and lock.
I think I could sell her and for a good price but it's difficult finding someone interested over here.

B.
I'll definitely bear that in mind Brit, got to put some hours in at work and clear a cabinet and weigh a few options before I jump in, I want one for use at the club I go to and maybe the odd trip up the farm. I've never had a flintlock before and the accuracy of these has always intrigued me.

It took two days to get a rabbit!
Take care folks.
Nathan,:thumb:
Loved your presentation of bunny hunting. Your being candid about missing your first two shots was a hoot.
The photos were terrific, especially the beautiful countryside. The vid was a little icing on the cake.
Stay safe and give old Jess a pat on the head for me.
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

Back