• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM Rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Macon Due said:
Roundball
"... .45 cal. with a Rice B weight swamped at 42"..."

I have that barrel on mine as well...a proverbial tack driver

Darn GrnMntboy,what a nice collection of shooters! I really Like the fouling piece [wish I had it].
Macon

manure. didnt realize the wait was so long lol. i should be ordering my 32 cal tvm southern rifle in a week. :]

newtothis
Yep,you might have it by Spring.Seems like several guys that ordered about the same time as me have gotten 'calls'...but so far "No Joy" here. :idunno:
Macon

Greenmtnboy
The bottom gun, the fouling piece.......could you give me some details on it please? I love the looks of it!
Thanks........Macon

Using the letters 'TVM' when discussing companies or guns can be very misleading.
There are two TVM companies involved in the muzzle loading business. And both are in Corinth, MS.
One is Tennessee Valley Manufacturing and is owned by Jack Garner.
The other is Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading. We should be very careful, especially if our comments are critical. These are businesses and, Im' sure, if the wrong one were, or believed they were, injured by negative statements legal retaliation is not impossible.
I suggest we use TVMfg. for the Garner company.
And TVML for the other.
BTW, and FWIW, the Jack Garner company is the supplier of parts for Jackie Brown and does some of his work for him on ordered guns.

Rifleman1776 said:
Using the letters 'TVM' when discussing companies or guns can be very misleading.
There are two TVM companies involved in the muzzle loading business. And both are in Corinth, MS.
The other is Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading. We should be very careful, especially if our comments are critical. These are businesses and, Im' sure, if the wrong one were, or believed they were, injured by negative statements legal retaliation is not impossible.
And TVML for the other.
BTW, and FWIW, the Jack Garner company is the supplier of parts for Jackie Brown and does some of his work for him on ordered guns.

I thought Jack Gardner retired, am I wrong??

Yeah...that's what we should do...rename somebody elses companies
:wink:

Rifleman1776 said:
And TVML for the other.

"Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading" is in Natchez, MS.

Robert;
Don't be so impressed.

The Avance-made guns you see on their site or what you order may not be what arrives. I would suggest you do NOT buy a sight-unseen gun from Matt Avance. They will overcharge you if they can, IMO, and send you whatever happens to come out of the trailer-assembled production line however close to what you wanted, bought and payed for... or not.

Your gun stands between them, the next dip of Beech-nut chaw, and that bottle of Dixie...

:rotf:
I see you're still pumping out that same old line that has already been clarified for you.
( PS: "Robert" started this thread 3.5 years ago )

But to review as many have clarified to you in the past, accepting or rejecting a product that was mistakenly built differently from a work order is the responsibility of the buyer...no different than having a car dealer correct something on a new car.

And to give correct balance to your indictment of Matt Avance / TVM, he did a great job on the builds for me...some examples:

.40cal Late Lancaster

.45cal Rifled & .54cal Smoothbore two-barreled Early Virginia

.58cal Early Virginia

.62cal Early Virginia smoothbore

I have his Southern Mountain Rifle in 45 cal. I have no complaints. When I met him both Matt and Toni are very gracious people. Ike

Seem's you don't disagree then in my urging cautious purchases where the buyer, whom you claim is responsible if not actually at fault for the results, can at least see if not physically inspect their order before delivery. And you don't know what the next steps or final outcome in my TVM experience were... I will only add that Matt's customer service was poor and included yet another lie and more failure. In any case, what would that matter when the point is this assembler was ripping someone off and not producing, nor correcting, the results as specified but knowingly sent them out bad? OK, the buyer's at fault for trusting TVM. Let's say we all agree!

Truth to power. Caveat Emptor. Sorry: let them thar buyers be's awares.

By (or buy) the way, I have no emotional interest in defending my purchase decisions or protecting my pecuniary investements in TVM guns here as some good ol' Matt defenders clearly do... LOL

So, again, buyers should not buy an Avance-made TVM gun sight-unseen if not personally actually inspected IMO; that's all and simple enough advice for everyone to accept or reject at their risk.

Nobody should buy a rifle sight unseen if you didn't order it, I don't care who made it. If your getting a rifle built you should get the quote on the final price in writing. Some company's only offer a narrow range of barrels and locks, so you may have to buy the barrel and or lock yourself and the company should give you a discount for them, if they don't its time to find a different company. I am a lefty and there is a well know and respected builder that everybody refers to when folks ask about Kits. They refused to even leave the lock panels blank so I could use my own lock, so I won't even buy parts from them and if someone asks me on a P.t. I'll tell them who it is, but not here.

I have four TVM flintlocks and I'm happy with all four of them. Matt and Toni have been more than helpful and polite with me. I got exactly what I ordered.

I see Alden is still telling his one sided TVM bashing story.

I'd really like to hear Matt's version. I bet it would be quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back