• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM Base Prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just out of tune with what the market will bear but I just downloaded the Tennessee Valley Manufacturing price list and almost all finished models base price at $1,950. I own a few of their guns. I was never impressed with them for the price, just my opinion. I ordered two and bought a Leman flint in like new condition used.

What do some of you others think of their pricing?

Considering that even at wholesale the parts will cost around $900, a selling price for a finished piece between $1500 and $2000 isn't out of the question. They might get the wood a little cheaper, but the metal parts are costly. I still wouldn't buy one at any price. A finished Kibler is in the same price range.

I bought a second-hand Track Issac Haines kit for a bargain and ran the parts numbers through Track's on-line order form; I paid $650 for the kit shipped, the parts ran $1100 on the order form. Looked like a steal until I started building the kit and found out the pre-carve was so poorly done that it took me a year to make second rate shootable gun out of the kit.

Parts are out of sight now compared to what they were 5 years ago so I understand the prices charged for some guns now.

I went to a big rendezvous a couple of years ago, a surprising number of folks were carying TVM rifles and seemed to like them. Like any mass-produced product, they tend to be pretty generic, nothing special.

On the other hand, Kibler's are special, I owned a SMR and it was flawless.

Well, they're all priced out of my market. Spending a couple of grand on something I would only shoot for fun a few times a year just isn't doable.

I'm willing to put sweat equity in with a kit, but waiting 1-3 YEARS for parts is absurd.

One of our former top contributors, Roundball, had a slew of TVMs all with highly figured stocks. When he decided to sell I bought a .40 cal from him. All of them were personally made by Matt Avance.

First, it was a very accurate rifle. It could shoot round ball or conicals very well. Roundball had the locks sent to a guy who apparently knew how to tune them. The one I got was unbelievably fast.

As far as aesthetics it was so-so. The nose cap was less than desirable in fit and epoxied on, so I had fun with that fix. The stock from the lock forward was slab sided because the web was so thick. TVM just routes out the ramrod channel, which I didn't like. They also tend to have a clunky cheek piece. Nice piece of stock wood, which helped.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't pay two grand for a TVM, even if Kibler didn't exist.

Latest posts

Back