• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tube Sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRW

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Has or does anyone have plans or directions on making a tube sight? I have an idea on how to do one but have never seen one up close to really look it over as far as aperture holes and front posts If anyone has or knows where to find this info please let me know

Almost forgot, the SRS stands for Short Range Sight. Or like we like to call it Stand Real Still!

rabbit03

ps don't forget to pound the bejesus out of the balls!

Please define what you mean by "tube sight".Are you talking about a small diameter tube as the rear sight on a piece as opposed to a peep or receiver sight?

Greetings Rabbit03,

Are you going to give away ALL of the family secrets?

What is next? The family store?

Best regards and good shooting,

John L. Hinnant

If you are not an NRA Member, why not? I am carrying your load.

I understand your plight, I have often thought it would be neat to see some information on tube sights, they were at one time quite common, the best I can come up with is that they are a simple brass or steel tube, the rear end is the aperature and the front end is the cross hare. This of course is very simplistic, I would love to see other comments and perhaps some pictures of originals, I would like to make one.

Back