• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

True Grit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
------I watched true grit yesterday--had to keep turning the volume up and down through the whole movie--other than that I liked it----- :idunno:

rubincam said:
------I watched true grit yesterday--had to keep turning the volume up and down through the whole movie--other than that I liked it----- :idunno:

Same here. It was a good movie though.

I watched it today as good as the John Wayne one. I had to turn up my volume all the way just to hear the voices, thought it was my machine. I guess it must be the recording process. That was kind of a dissapointment.

Ordered it,got it,watched it, an thought it was pretty good. just wish they would have shown a lil bit more of cap an ball, but still pretty good :thumbsup:

I just watched it last night for the first time. Is it just me, or is this one of the best costumed western's ever? Don't know why, just seemed that way.

watched it sat. Very good. Did u look at the special features about the costuming? They went to great lengths to get it right.One bad thing tho,I now want a dragoon and they are expensive!I remember watching the orig when it came out w/ mom and dad at the drive in.I was no more than 4 or so.

I wasn't able to watch any special features, I watched it on cable. I would have liked to seen that. The costuming really added to the production, for sure. Nice to see them dressing the cast according to history, and not western conventions.

After waiting impatiently for months for the pre-ordered DVD I finally saw it last week. I read the book in the interim, which is also very good. The Coen version isn't perfect, but I like it more than the Wayne version. The attention to detail fixes everything I thought was wrong with the first movie.

For those who don't have the DVD, the costuming and building Ft. Smith features are very interesting.

I finally watched it. It was ok, good to see another western but to tell you the truth I'd just as soon watch John's version than watch this new one again. :idunno:

rubincam said:
-----who back then would of been wearing a bear skin with the head mounted?? :rotf:

I liked that character! He obviously had a screw loose! :haha:

F Thomas said:
Watched it twice over the weekend! The whole flick was a winner. Interesting ending?

I liked the ending. Might have been an underlying theme in terms of the price of vengeance. Taking the story into the early 20th century at the end was appealing to me. I knew people that were alive then when I was growing up. Added some connection to the story.

That's the ending in the book.

I guess I'm old fashioned, I liked the original better than the new. I especially liked what Kim Darby did with her part, and the sort of tongue-in-cheek feel of the original.

Spence

Latest posts

Back