• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trophy time!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the call from the official B&C scorer. The official score on this guy is 148 5/8 points after the 60 day drying period and deductions for irregular points. He initially seemed to be giving his condolences for not making the B&C cutoff of 160 points. When I told him that I shot the beast with a flintlock rifle, he seemed surprised. I need only 135 points to make the NMLRA book for primitive arms. He seemed excited at that point and said, "You shot him with a flintlock?! I have different paperwork I need to do!" OOooohh--raaahhh :)

Got the official paperwork from the B&C scorer, and I should correct the score I mentioned earlier. He scored at 148 and 2/8 B&C points. Not 148 and 5/8 as I thought he said on the phone. In any case, he will still make the Minnesota and the NMLRA books. I am pleased... Now I can't wait until the shoulder mount is ready to hang...

Congratulations on your flintlock trophy. Unless it has changed from last year, you only need to score 130 to make the NMLRA record book. Welcome to the "Long Hunter Society". Leon

Ya, Theres a few of them big rascals gets whacked up here. Congrats on the nice deer.

Back