• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trigger Guard/ Your thoughts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownie1934

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This is a pic of my second last build and since using the pic for my home page every time I open my PC I see it and keep thinking that the guard is a biy ugly. Your thoughts??? Bob
71.jpg

Your right, that trigger guard is butt ugly and no one should be forced to look at it everytime they turned on their PC! :nono:

Nice rifle.If'n it were mine, I'd get rid of that small spur on the bow. It would then be a TG w/ excellent lines. If you like it....keep it....Fred

I too am not a fan of the small spur on the bottom of the gaurd. One other thing, not a critisim just an observation, I would have straightened the spur behind the set trigger so that it closed up the space between the spur end and the stock. Did I explain that well enough without being confusing??? All in all if you like it that's what counts!!!

I'm with Swampy!!
Maybe tarnish the brass a bit,,
Just rub the first cleaning patch out of the bore on it, that works pretty fast.

I personally like designs and embellishment that 'flow' and hooks just don't flow. Not walking through the woods and hanging on everything..... my2cents

Thanks a bunch guys. As soon as the replies started to come I could see it right away. The spur has gotta go. When I remove the T G to fix it I will also inlet the guard axtentions a wee bit deeper to flush as I should have done in the first place. THANKS Bob

Latest posts

Back