• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

trekking skillet found at flea market

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boar

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I found this nice small skillet made in Germany. i picked it up for 2 dollars. it is heavy gauge but not to heavy. :thumbsup: Dilly

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Sides are 1" bottom is 5" the top is 6". Its a keeper for sure. :thumbsup: Dilly.

Here's the one I bought for $4 a couple of months ago. On the back is says "Made in France" in very small letters. I was wondering what the 18 stood for on the handle, but when I just measured it, it turns out that it is 7 1/8 inches, or 18 centimeters. I like it.
IMG_1605.jpg

Some Trekking skillets have folding handles, to allow them to be stowed in a haversack or back pack more easily. Long handles have a habit of getting in the way, and bent or broken. A small skillet like this can do a lot of cooking, particularly if you use it as you would a Wok, and cut up everything into bite size pieces before cooking it in the pan. To eat, all you need is a spoon, or fork. Fingers do when you leave the untensils at home! :grin: :rotf: :idunno: :surrender: :thumbsup:

I plan on taking out the nail that holds handle in and leave the handle at home and cut one at site. I have a folding handle skillet but it weights too much to pack. Dilly

I have yet to find a packing skillet I want to own, for the same reason. They are either too heavy, made of cast iron, or made of light sheet steel, and burn the food too easily. :cursing:

I didn't realize that the nail that holds the hand is removable. If it is, it would be no problem to substitute some kind of cotter pin( or threaded bolt with a wingnut on the threaded end) for the nail, and attach it to the handle, so its not lost in use. The Thicker, stronger handle can come in very handy when the skillet is HOT! :thumbsup:

(insert Homers voice here)
They both look like they will need seasoning with lots of bacon fried liver/onions and potatoes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhh(lots of droolin here). :grin:

or the other favorite...

Bacon bacon bacon... I SMELL BACON!

You can't beat bacon fried over a open fire. :thumbsup:

Nice fry pan for sure.

That's what it will get,than scraped good and some eggs. Main thing is not to get it too hot, use the coals raked of to side. It will jest hold a 8oz cup of water,so will use my small kettle for coffee water. :thumbsup: Dilly

Boar you got a nice one with the wood handle , Bill yours is real nice too I gotta get back to checking flea markets and yard sales again

Back