• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Transitional apart

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinghewitt

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I've never taken a transitional revolver apart before and it's not the sort of thing you see in books so here's a pic.

trans2.jpg

Damage report: Looks like someone has remade the cylinder lock and made it badly. The hand spring doesn't quite touch the hand but it is there and intact. The cylinder axis pin has broken at it's locking screw and that screw is missing. Patches of white paint everywhere, barrel and cylinders full of dust.

Looks excellent for the price. You needed another project, I'm sure :thumbsup:

Robin: I do not want to start another chainfire post, but looking at all of those nipples, without any shielding of any kind except the hammer pocket makes me wonder.
Was anything written about chain fires in the days of yore in Merry Old England or on the Continent when these pistols were used? ::

Back