• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Pennsylvania

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJTBONE

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking at a Tradition Pennsylvania 50Cal Percussion in immaculate condition for what I believe is a pretty good price. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the quality and/or accuracy and if there are any inherent problems. Thanks in advance guys. TBONE

T Bone
Traditions guns are usually very accurate, they are very good entry level guns, when compared to custom built they fall short but you can buy one for the price of a barrel and a lock on a custom!!
If the rifle is used make sure the bore is in good condition, I have seen many muzzleloaders that looked like new on the outside but the bores were ruined. Good luck.
Longball58

I have a Traditions Pennsylvania 50Cal in a flinter and I'm very pleased with the rifle in quality, accuracy, workmenship,design,etc. I looked at both the percussion and the Flintlock and other then the locks they were both excellent rifles. If you get it you will be highly pleased.

Juggernaut

Thanks guys, I picked it up this AM. I used a bore light and it does not appear to have been shot much if at all barrel is pristine. For $325 I think it was a real deal. Will give range report next week. TBONE

Tbone, I don't own a pennsylvania, but I do have a traditions .54 Hawken Woodsman and I love it. The original nipple was manure and broke after 3-4 shots, but that was very easy to replace with a quality one. It was a little wild when it was new, but after 150-200 rounds through it, it has settled down to be a real tack driver as long as I do my thing right! I have actually picked up the pennsylvania a few times at my local Sportsmans werehouse but just cant justify spending the money on it right now. You got a great price and I think you will love it. Just pick up a couple quality nipples in case the one on it is original.

:thumbsup:

I bought mine from Track of the Wolf last year and it was my first ML. I love it. Shoots well.
Enjoy.
The Hermit

Back