• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Traditions-CVA Trapper Pistol .45 caliber cap lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I bought this as a kit from another member here earlier this year. It was sold as an incomplete kit which is was but it seemed to be a bit of a warehouse floor sweepings because there are a mix of parts from different time periods. The barrel says CVA and some of the other parts are later made. Not that there is any problem but it made it a bit of fun to get together. I like a challenge. Any way, it's together, I shot it all of three shots, and now I'd like to sell it as the fun is over. I'm a flintlock guy anyway.

The trigger guard needs some slotted screws as I was too lazy to go to the fastener specialty store and I can't find slotted brass screws in the regular places. Also I messed up when fitting the trigger guard so there is some 'extra wood missing' at the bottom. I gave it an 'antique' finish just to try that.
P1490853.JPG
P1490859.JPG
The lock is set light and will need some playing around to get it how you like it.

$150 plus $20 shipping

p1490847-jpg.252705

P1490848.JPG
P1490852.JPG
P1490854.JPG

Attachments

• P1490847.JPG
    P1490847.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.