• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions C&B

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are made by Pietta,at least the ones I have seen.Pietta seems to make a pretty good gun.

I have 3 Piettas. Never had a problem with any of em. And they shoot pretty good too.

I would EXPECT to get what I pay for. Traditions imports and sells Pietta, who have been improving quality and seem to have reached the point where their prices reflect good value for the product. You can buy better "quality" in terms of fit, finish and performance but it will cost significantly more.

I have both uberti and pietta.
Some say uberti is the best.
But having both I cant really tell that much difference in either.
At one time I would say uberti is a better quality.
But I think pietta has come a long way in quality.
And has caught up to uberti.

Same here. Also have a Pietta 1858 New Army and I am very happy with it. :grin:

Both of my Pietta’s shot right out of the box and have never needed any fitting or work. The 1861 and 1860 Piettas don’t look as nice as my 1851 and Walker Ubertis, however they didn’t require any work to be made shoot able. The Uberti Walker had a cylinder pin that was almost flat on one side. I had to use wood wedges to separate the barrel. The nipples were so small that both #10 and #11 caps fell off. Oh yah, when I did shoot it the loading lever latch fell off the barrel. My 1851 Uberti, which is the nicest looking gun I have, had the wedge so tight the cylinder would not turn out of the box. That was easy to get over. When I shot it the front sight came off and was lost. My order at VTI has been on back order for a month. I will give you the fact that Uberti pistols look nice but the Pietta’s are well worth their cost as shooters. How about those cheesy boxes and instructions that come with your more expensive Uberti’s ???

Latest posts

Back