• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trade or Not?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a chance to trade a real nice 870 20 gauge magnum Wingmaster for a new in the box Colt Signature Navy, a new in the box Colt Signature Army, and an Italian made Remington .44. Is that a good trade?

:haha: Hes not fooling me Brett, I know damn well he made that trade before coming here and asking. This is his way of saying "Look! what I just got!" and grinnin like a fool the whole time typing it out.... :grin:

Lucky $hit!

The fellow agreed to the trade. I'm supposed to go get them next weekend. I hope he doesn't back out.

Man, me too. That's the deal of the century. So good in fact, that I'd be a bit worried there might be something fishy going on. If there were any way you could expedite things and get over there before the next sunrise, I'd go. In a fast car.

I just picked up the sack of BP revolvers. They were not exactly as described. It turned out to be a second generation Colt 1851 Navy, a second generation 1862 Colt pocket pistol, and a brass framed 1858 Remington. I've been shooting black powder for many years but I've never fired live rounds through a black powder revolver. I original thought I'd sell them but I think I'll keep them at least for awhile. They have some handling marks and the boxes weren't with them. They do appear unfired. They are not the Signature Models thank the Lord but they are Colts.

The second generation guns are better than the signature guns IMO.
You did very well.

Dan

Here they are. The Colts are real Colts and unfired. 1851 Navy, 1862 Pocket Pistol, and a Remington 1858.
100_3791.jpg

100_3797.jpg

100_3792.jpg

I think you did well on that trade. But if your heart is set on a Signature Series '51 I'll swap yours for mine. Just funnin. I have always wanted a 2nd series Navy but just have not looked for one too hard. Got the '60 Army new and still have it.
The best deal I missed was a cased set of '60's with a shoulder stock and all the accuterments, a 3rd Dragoon, a Pocket Navy and another one that I can't remember. All for $1100 bucks. I didn't have the cash and the yahoo that had the shop wouldn't take a credit card. It all worked out since my wife had already bought me a Baer TRS .45 and I got that for Christmas that year.
Enjoy the Colt's and when the Remington goes bad it may make a fair trotline sinker.

Beautiful guns and a great picture.

And, if I may ask, where did you buy your clay pipe?

Back