• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took two retired work friends out to the range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While they first shot unmentionables, I shot the Kibler .54 Colonial that I finished late winter. They were both immediately impressed. I let them both fire it with .530 patched round ball and anywhere from the normal 65 grains Goex FFG to 130 grains Goex FFG. They both loved it and one of them expressed interest in buying my .54 GPR in percussion. I think I made a believer in both!
Got home and cleaned the Kibler with the magnet tubing from Lucky Bag, water, Birchwood Casey #77 black powder solvent, followed by dry patches and liberal patches with Ballistol.
(note the exceptionally clean workbench)
A good time was had by all!
Snooterpup

Attachments

• IMG_3163.jpeg
    IMG_3163.jpeg
    639.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3165.png
    IMG_3165.png
    9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3173.jpeg
    IMG_3173.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3176.jpeg
    IMG_3176.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3177.jpeg
    IMG_3177.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3178.jpeg
    IMG_3178.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Hello again! I know bronze bore brushes are a touchy subject. I just painstakingly cleaned the above Kibler Colonial .54 rifle. Just for grins and interest, I followed up this cleaning with a RMC .54 bronze brush. Have a look a what came out of my “clean” barrel! I’m thinking I’ll always chase with this brush after cleaning and swab out with more Ballistol to be certain. Just one guy’s opinion.
Snooterpup

Attachments

• IMG_3179.jpeg
    IMG_3179.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3180.jpeg
    IMG_3180.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Nothing quite like taking friends out to the range and introducing them to BP firearms. I had a similar experience a couple weeks ago, where a couple in the next stall was shooting a Ruger .22 Mag revolver and I invited them to shoot my Colt 1860 New Army. They had fun!! Never expected a .44 cal to have about the same recoil as a .22 Mag!! Hah!!

Back