• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tony Hawkins Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chris,Cheers for the reply,the number of the Hawkin is 345.40 it has a 26" barrel
I took some photos but need somebody with a bit more know how with computers to load them onto the forum but will get it done soon.
I agree they are special rifles being made in NZ and are great to shoot.
Also thanks Rudyard for the info,i have met Herk but don't know him well.
Do either of you have any info on what loads were recommended?
At the moment i am using 60 g of 3fg mainly because there was an empty 303 shell in the bag that came with it and thats how much powder it holds,seems accurate with that.
I haven't cast any bullets with the Hawkins mould yet only some that came with it.
I will post some photos soon.
Morena.
Tatou for the info on barrel numbers đź‘Ť
I shoot 55 grains 2 F
On mine.
I just trialed out between 50 to 65 grains.
& 55 was the sweet spot on my rifle.
Shoot out to 100 yards pretty much in the black. If I've got my act together.
Great information Duncan & Rudyard.
Happy New Year guys.
Tony Hawkins 2nd photos at the bottom.

Attachments

• 20230106_104117.jpg
    20230106_104117.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230106_094831.jpg
    20230106_094831.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
Back