• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Time frame for early Lancaster rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckhunt93

36 Cal.
Reaction score
So being a FNG i don't know about historical accuracy of clothing and rifles. My question is what time frame would the early lancaster rifle fit? The F&I war or the revolutionary war?

duckhunt93 said:
So being a FNG i don't know about historical accuracy of clothing and rifles. My question is what time frame would the early lancaster rifle fit? The F&I war or the revolutionary war?

The F&I rifle will be somewhat different than the Rev-War rifle.
Most of the "early rifles" for sale or as kits will be 1770ish since rifles earlier that this are hard to date.
Dan

According to Pecatonica Rivers catalog, an Early Lancaster rifle would be OK for the Revolutionary War period and back a bit, to about 1765-1770. The F&I would be pre-1763. Not really enough difference to matter. TOTW shows Early Lancasters from 1750 thru 1770.

I'd study some good books like Rifles of Colonial America Volume 1 by Shumway and compare anybody's parts sets to actual originals.

Back