• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Secret River

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben K

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The Secret River is an epic tragedy in which a good man is compelled by desperation, fear, ambition and love for his family to participate in a crime of inhuman savagery.

Through the deeply personal story of early convict colonists William Thornhill and his wife Sal, The Secret River raises the question of when two worlds collide, who is wrong and who is right?

The dispossession of Indigenous Australians is made comprehensible and ultimately heart-breaking, as Thornhill's claim over a piece of land by a beautiful river brings his family and neighbours into a fight for survival with its traditional custodians.

I just copied that from the back of the DVD cover. It's a two-part movie. A fair bit of flintlock action, both long gun and pistol. I think the long ones might be Brown Bess, although I think the farmer gets his hands on something else - not sure. Pretty sad, confronting movie. Well made, I thought.

"Man from Snowy River"?? is that along the same idea. Tom Selec (sp) stared in it.

Vomir le Chien said:
"Man from Snowy River"?? is that along the same idea. Tom Selec (sp) stared in it.
Mr. Selleck (and his Sharps rifle) starred in Quigley Down Under. Auzzie actor Tom Burlinson, was the star of Man From Snowy River.

ahhh yes correct you are ,I stand corrected,,I liked both for their entertainment value.

A very different storyline to Man From Snowy River, and set sixty to a hundred years earlier.

Back