• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The maken of a muzzeloading hunter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted W. Coombs

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Made a deal with my grandson,(he is 12 years old) If he can take a squarril with my .32 Dixie flint squarril rifle I will give it to him. When its all said and done, I'll bet he gets the squirll,gets the rifle, and we will have another blackpowder shooter amung us. Good idea huh :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Teton Ted

Hi Ted,

great idea, hope it works and. :thumbsup: My son Simon (7) is also very interested in ML shooting and historical Longhunter stuff. I promised him a ML when he gets 10. Until that airgun is the only gun he is allowed to use by law.

Regards :hatsoff:

Kirrmeister

That is a great deal for your Grandson Ted.I have 3 Grandsons now and two Daughters that are 17& 19 that haven't started a family yet {Thank God}.So that's a great reason for me to buy more muzzleloaders so I can give each one his very own.Of coarse that will be after I test fire each one for a couple thousand rounds first :thumbsup:

Great way to spend time with one of your children, hope it goes well, and the bug bites him just hard enough to keep him interested and give you a hunting companion for many years.

Not a good idea -- a great one!!!!!! :thumbsup: Just hope you have a backup shooter for yourself :grin:

Good plan, maybe I'll do the same with my daughter in the future, except I'd better learn to hit the squirrel first!!!! :grin:

Parson, I do have a back up shooter. It's a english fowler 20 ga. with a jug choke full. It can reach out to near 30 or so yds. with no. 5 shot. Its a real squirrel getter. Teton

Back