• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Empty Chair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flint 50
I wrote this and posted it on thanksgiving I think last year, it was called 'do they come ". i was trying to find this earlyer for you but couldnt get the search to work here is my post from back then

The morning broke cold as I walked up the trail ,each turn gave up past memories of hunts ,seasons and beginnings of long trips taken . I reached the outcropping just as the sun hit the rock face above sheading light and warmth all around , here was my seat.
Sitting down I could remember when this old log had fell in a big wend storm I was what mmm about 12 . my father and I had used it as a rifle rest a couple of times and my grandfather would stop here to rest on our way up the mountain,,,, it was like an old friend .

The scene before me spread out with the dawn , from this point you could see miles to the east . Below me was a deep canyon full of thick buck brush , it always held some good mulies on the upper end and sometimes a bear or two today though I wasn

Hey Flint,
I think you said it all. Cherish what you have while you still have it. I'm lucky my Mom is still around and spending more time with her. Nobody can ever take away my memories. I know the next time I set my sights on a piece of game, someone will be making them a little bit steadier.
I'll need the help, trying to shoot through misty eyes.
Thanks everybody.
Bob

Back