• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Texas Rising

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tree shown appears in several of the old saddle references that we have. They were used during the drover periods of cattle raising. When the roping started uncovered one piece, carved trees were done.

I would imagine if you were in TX in the early 1800s and went to buy a saddle, you'd probably end up with a Spanish-style stock saddle. New ones or used ones were available in abundance, I'm sure. They also made more sense for the plains, than the Eastern saddles based on the English styles.

I doubt they saw the necessity of reinventing the wheel.

I agree! The smartest way to get along in a new environment is to imitate the natives, there equipment has evolved to work.

Native Arizonan said:
I would imagine if you were in TX in the early 1800s and went to buy a saddle, you'd probably end up with a Spanish-style stock saddle. New ones or used ones were available in abundance, I'm sure. They also made more sense for the plains, than the Eastern saddles based on the English styles.

I doubt they saw the necessity of reinventing the wheel.

Spanish style saddles weren't made just in the Spanish influenced territories such as Texas and Nuevo Mejico - St Louis makers such Grimsley were also making Spanish style saddles.

YEP.

In point of fact, MOSES AUSTIN & STEPHEN F AUSTIN were SPANISH citizens, before becoming 2 of the founding fathers of Texas.

yours, satx

Watched the first episode and found it both boring and too fantastic to be on The History Channel. By fantastic I mean too full of fantasy. I also prefer actors who don't chew the scenery so much.

Latest posts

Back