• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Texas "howdy"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapierre1

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy from Texas. Long time shooter and muzzle loader fan but new to the forum. Appreciate you letting me on here so that I can learn something new and different about the things that interest me-namely guns and the shooting of them. Let's burn some powder. Hope to see you on the prairie, Ima Larduss

Welcome to the Forum. :)

You aren't related to Youra and Heesa are you?

As you've noticed, there's a lot of good stuff here on just about anything that deals with traditional muzzleloaders.
You might even want to stop by the Gun Builder's Bench.
It is meant for anyone wanting to build or work on a traditional muzzleloader.
Lots of knowledgeable people there and in all of the forum areas to help out with almost any question you might have about those areas.

Don't forget to add your thoughts or questions to any topic.

Jim (Zonie)

HOW-DEEEE!!! Just so glad you're here. We're lookin' forward to hearing' what you know and sharin' what we know. :hatsoff:

BTW, what part of Texas do you call home?

'preciate the warm welcome. We live in Magnolia and I'd like to see if there are some other folk around that like front stuffers and possibly get together with them and burn powder and send round balls down range. Used to have a kinda/sorta formal match with Bayou Rifles in Houston but club politics got in the way and they shut us down. Not overly competitive myself but still like to shoot with those that appreciate the finer firearms in life. Been shooting these things since about '76 when I first put one together to go deer hunting when I was stationed in IN. Haven't gotten over it yet.

Thanks to you, Preacher Jeremy for the welcome. Not real sure where Redwood Falls MN, is but I was born in Long Prairie MN. Say born there because that is where my folks are from and with dad being career military that is where they went when it was time for me to start my shooting career on this earth. Was hoping to go back this summer and visit but decided to let the cardio doctor talk me into another procedure instead. Maybe next year then. Thanks again to all for the welcome.

Back