• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy and Welcome from The Woodlands. Still in the Piney Woods, but not as deep into it as y'all.
I had some projects in Tyler back in the '80s. I remember driving through the Piney Woods, and then coming across 40 acre clearings with nothing but roses!
The Rose Capital of the World, Indeed!
I would buy roses from the sellers on the corners, $1 per dozen, and nice flowers! Locally grown! I gave them to the secretaries at the office (remember secretaries? Pre-computers!).
And the fried catfish restaurants with the green tomato salad with onions that was tangy, and you didn't find it anywhere else! And great hushpuppies!
And the county was dry, unless you paid a membership to a private club. I learned to buy my supplies in Noonday. And onion sets. Noonday onions were famous back then. Don't know about now...
Visited Tyler a few years ago, and couldn't find a good fried catfish restaurant (per reviews, which weren't available in the '80s), and the corner flower sellers were gone. But the town was a whole lot bigger, with lots of new restaurants and a lot more traffic. Still a nice place, but bigger.
Welcome, and tell us about your guns and shooting. Ask any questions that you might have.
Don't be shy, we won't laugh.
Well, maybe a little, but we'll offer good advice, too. :ghostly:

Howdy,
New to the forum, but not muzzleloading. Mostly interested in black powder handguns, percussion and flintlock, cap and ball and single shot.
Probably won't see me post to often. I'm more of a listener than a talker.
Thanks,

Mike
Welcome from north carolina.im the same way. Just sit back and read what these guys say.they are very smart on this forum

Back